Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Best conceal carry guns ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/best-conceal-carry-guns-43665/)

dragoon 06-09-2011 03:33 PM

Best conceal carry guns ?
 
Looking to write a short article on the favorites when it comes to conceal carry. I have no personal opinion since we aren't allowed to conceal carry in Canada.

I want to hear not what your personal favorites are, but what the general public feels and what's been proven effective through time, testing, and sales !

thanks !

armsmaster270 06-09-2011 10:27 PM

You have a tough job there are so many variables it is like asking what vegies do you eat. There are a lot of 1911 packers out there as well as Sig, Glock, S&W, Colt after that you get into Caliber, full size or compact. I prefer a Sig 226 in 357 sig. My brother prefers a S&W 6906 9mm. Then you get into Semi-Auto or revolver. I do not envy your job.

jamesb 06-10-2011 12:31 AM

I like my Walther PPS!

JonM 06-10-2011 02:41 AM

my personal favorite is the colt new agent. nice clean small no real sights to get in the way yet packs a full 7+1 45acp firepower. it also can use standard length mags including the longer 8-10 rounders

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6477/img0445nj.jpg

ScottA 06-10-2011 04:22 AM

There has been a significant resurgence in the .380 caliber in the last few years. I've become part of that as well as my carry piece is a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380.

The round has been here for over 100 years, but has not had much respect until recently. The KetTec P3AT, and the Ruger LCP blew up the market on this round however.

Modern ammunition has made up a lot of the rounds short comings, and pistols chambered for 380 ACP are the epitome of conceal ability. I can slide my S&W in my pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis, and it vanishes with no change to my wardrobe and no discomfort.

therewolf 06-10-2011 04:20 PM

Personally, I'm more of a range shooter, so I prefer a 1911A1 or 92FS.

I do what I have to, to CCW.

I know others prefer something smaller and lighter.

BlackWidow 06-10-2011 08:53 PM

Smith & Wesson Airweight .38 Special revolvers are very popular for concealed carry.

Jay 06-10-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragoon (Post 520326)
I want to hear not what your personal favorites are, but what the general public feels and what's been proven effective through time, testing, and sales !

thanks !

Well sir, this year being the 100th anniversary of the 1911, that would be an acceptable place to start. Seeing as you don't want to hear what my personal favorite is, I won't tell you what platform I've carried daily for over 40 years. So there... ;)

ScottA 06-10-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 520955)
Well sir, this year being the 100th anniversary of the 1911, that would be an acceptable place to start. Seeing as you don't want to hear what my personal favorite is, I won't tell you what platform I've carried daily for over 40 years. So there... ;)

You might also try this...

Although the 1911 is the greatest handgun ever invented and will likely remain so into the foreseeable future, and many of it's forms have excelled in personal protection; it is not my personal favorite.

Or something like that.

Jay 06-10-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 520960)
You might also try this...

Although the 1911 is the greatest handgun ever invented and will likely remain so into the foreseeable future, and many of it's forms have excelled in personal protection; it is not my personal favorite.

Or something like that.

I wouldn't presume to load anyone else up with my preferences, to each his/her own, by all means.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.