Best carry piece for female new to CCW - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Best carry piece for female new to CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2950 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 324

The best handgun for your girlfriend is the one she picks after a thorough immersion in the available options.

http://www.corneredcat.com/article/for-the-men/what-gun-for-a-woman/

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 02-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Look up the Flashbang holster for women.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1846 Times on 1264 Posts
Likes Given: 673

My wife uses a belly band holster a lot. She actually has more holsters than I do. I have never bought a gun for my wife. She just uses one of my guns. She did buy a SP101 chambered in 357mag. Since I inherited an old Charter the SP 101 has turned into a dust catcher.

A lot of posters have mentioned debris getting into a revolver. A pocket holster works just as well in a purse as in your pocket. She can slip the gun into a pocket in her purse so she can draw the gun with one hand.

Men can not fathom a woman's needs in a holster. Women can not get by with a IWB holster. In fact, your wife can seldom use a IWB holster. How many outfits does she own that have a large enough belt to support any holster? Concealed carry is something you have to let your wife grow into. At first a gun in the console or glove box is all she might be able to manage.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #14

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

When my wife is doing plain clothes details for the PD, she will wear my belly band holster for her duty G22 and it works great for her.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
My wife uses a belly band holster a lot. She actually has more holsters than I do. I have never bought a gun for my wife. She just uses one of my guns. She did buy a SP101 chambered in 357mag. Since I inherited an old Charter the SP 101 has turned into a dust catcher.

A lot of posters have mentioned debris getting into a revolver. A pocket holster works just as well in a purse as in your pocket. She can slip the gun into a pocket in her purse so she can draw the gun with one hand.

Men can not fathom a woman's needs in a holster. Women can not get by with a IWB holster. In fact, your wife can seldom use a IWB holster. How many outfits does she own that have a large enough belt to support any holster? Concealed carry is something you have to let your wife grow into. At first a gun in the console or glove box is all she might be able to manage.
an IWB holster doesn't work well with a dress or skirt. women have much different concealment issues than men.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #16

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I agree that purse carry is a bad idea. A firearms instructor asked a woman friend of mine the crucial question: "Will your purse be in your hand or slung on your shoulder all the time?" I'd worry about her even carrying in a conventional fanny pack. A thief could cut the strap and be gone in a flash, like a purse snatcher, and get a nice gun out of the deal.

The Uncle Mike's pocket holster works very well for ridiculously little money and can be carried in pants or jacket pockets. It covers the trigger and is good at keeping crap out of the action (a problem that makes me glad I carry a concealed-hammer snubby). If the gun is in a pocket, it should be the only thing in that pocket.

I'm not a woman and have never tried a belly band holster, but I gather it works well for many women. Whatever she chooses, I believe very firmly that the gun should be on her person all the time.

"Don't let macho be your epitaph."
---Ed Lovette