Best.380
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Best.380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Best.380

Okay guys I have a keltec pf9 and great gun but still a little to big to conceal at my work I'm a night manager at a convenience store so whats the best .380 for 350 dollars or less

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I've been really looking at the bersa thunder lately. It's cheep but really decent from what everyone says.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah but it has to be super small

Old 12-16-2012, 01:47 AM   #4

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Ive been looking at the s&w bodygaurd revolver

Old 12-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #5

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

The best is the Sig P238

Old 12-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #6

Liked 41 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalboy26 View Post
I've been really looking at the bersa thunder lately. It's cheep but really decent from what everyone says.
It is awesome. My dad got one and i got a Sig P230. I sold mine and am getting the Bersa Thunder .380 slim. Its the one with the finger grooves...marketed as a CC Weapon. Great gun...especially for the price.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #7

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

If you want an excellent shooter - small, light, all the edges smoothed for easy concealment and draw... You cannot beat the Ruger LCP. Mine has never had a failure.
I had a different brand 380 -- what a mess! it did everything wrong that a semi-auto can do - and it did it often! And it's kick was terrible! And it ejected casings into your face! Consistently!
Sold!
Enter LCP... shoots very well. Has not protrubences on it to catch on clothing. Ruger did a very good job of cleaning up a small gun for pocket use. Yeah, the sights are tiny - and that is why they are - so they don't get caught on something.
The LCP is not perfect gun. It has a pretty stiff kick to it. But how much range time do you really need with a pocket gun whose purpose is to pull in a close and dangerous situation? You won't be pulling for a 20 yard shot - that is not conceal carry criteria. It's up close and personal. You point the gun and shoot it quickly. No "aiming" through sights during these encounters. It's point and shoot - whatever gun you've got.
And Ruger made this gun work very well - that way.

Mine goes with me (back pocket holster) everywhere - even though I have other carries to chose from - this is the one that I grab.

I really like its 380 competitor - Sig 238. It's sights are so much better. But they stick out and can get caught in clothing!
It is larger - and heavier - so it would be easier to handle and kick less. But that bigger size and weight will make it more difficult to carry. It will pull your pants down a little more - bulge more ...
And it has a safety - for it's short pull trigger. But what if you forget the safety one day - don't know what position it is in? Or the safety gets knocked off --- or on? Or what if you have a life threatening encounter - you are very nervous and fumble pulling the gun and forget about the safety - or fumble with the safety? Trouble...
The Ruger was planned to have no safety - but, instead, a long trigger pull - like a revolver. It is so difficult to make mistake with a revolver's trigger that no one ever bothered to put a safety on one. The ... safe .. long trigger pull. And Ruger designed their 380 with it. I couldn't agree more.
You don't need a light trigger on a 10 foot shot in a panic. You just point and shoot. They even teach you that - point and shoot - not aim - in the ccw classes!
Ruger LCP 380... My preference. Though I have others , and larger CC guns to chose from. It's my always with me.

Last edited by Colby; 12-29-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: sp
LONGHAIR Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2113 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 792

I have a Kel Tec P3AT it's a belly popper. The P3AT is better than nothing and I carry it often in the summer or for a quick trip to the store. Wearing jeans or work pants I have no problem concealing a P11 in my front pocket. You might want to reconsider what brand of pants you buy.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #9

Liked 279 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 31

You will be looking at the micro sized 380 to find anything smaller than the pf-9. . A very good micro 380 is the Taurus TCP 380. Its a bit larger than the kt 380 or ruger size and weight wise , seems to shoot any ammo . Great trigger better ergos for palm of hand to trigger than the pf-9 too. and has a slide hold open that other micros don't offer. Good one handed shooter too. Price runs from 185 for oxided steel slide and one mg to 360 for the SS oor black finished SS slide and 2 mags. We have 2 of them in the family and been very pleased with them. Just buy a use a good pocket holster.

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

Old 12-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
I have a Kel Tec P3AT it's a belly popper. The P3AT is better than nothing and I carry it often in the summer or for a quick trip to the store. Wearing jeans or work pants I have no problem concealing a P11 in my front pocket. You might want to reconsider what brand of pants you buy.
It's kahaki work pants in my cargo I have no problem concealing but my kahkis is harder