Belly Band Too Big!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Belly Band Too Big!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbirch View Post
I also ordered one of these and don't care for them at all...my first experiance with was almost a killer....it's too thin in the carry pocket and as I was pulling it around the material somehow pulled the trigger and was inches from my foot IN THE HOUSE...I got rid of it....it just isn't built right. So many paddle holsters work better and alot of the inside the waist band ones as well. I think for the money, it's just a waste, but that's just me. I have ordered alot of stuff from the Glock Store and always had great results. When I did have problems they are very good about refunds. Take care and be careful and good shooting!

Interesting, I’ve used mine for about 4 years and never had a problem like that. Who is the manufacture of yours? My belly band was perfect when I was flying a lot as I could adjust it where it was comfortable in those narrow airline seats and would not print as I placed it up under my left arm. It worked great for me.

Scubie

Old 03-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbirch View Post
I also ordered one of these and don't care for them at all...my first experiance with was almost a killer....it's too thin in the carry pocket and as I was pulling it around the material somehow pulled the trigger and was inches from my foot IN THE HOUSE...I got rid of it....it just isn't built right. So many paddle holsters work better and alot of the inside the waist band ones as well. I think for the money, it's just a waste, but that's just me. I have ordered alot of stuff from the Glock Store and always had great results. When I did have problems they are very good about refunds. Take care and be careful and good shooting!
I have a belly band, and a bit too much belly to put in it. But I've never felt like there was any possible chance of a discharge. In fact with the firearm pointed down, an upward action on the trigger would be required to fire the gun. The only way I can see this happening is if a finger was pushed through the fabric into the trigger guard and pulled up on the trigger. Sounds to me like the incident you describe goes under the 99% of un-intentional discharges, as negligent.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #13

Liked 2118 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

As your spiritual advisor, I strongly recomend massive quantities of ale.
Now, Damn it, now!