Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Belly Band Too Big!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/belly-band-too-big-39969/)

Glock4Epton 03-19-2011 12:21 AM

Belly Band Too Big!!

I ordered the belly band off of magills as an option for my everyday carry. I live on the east coast and the band shipped off the west coast, shipping was half the price of the band itself. I got it in and was stoked to open it and try it on, only to realize it was too big to fit around any part of my waist. Any one ever rigged one up to resize it? I think getting some more velcro and a few stitches should do it. I dont want to pay to reship it back and pay to have it reshipped back to me. Any thoughts??

Jpyle 03-19-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock4Epton (Post 467816)
I ordered the belly band off of magills as an option for my everyday carry. I live on the east coast and the band shipped off the west coast, shipping was half the price of the band itself. I got it in and was stoked to open it and try it on, only to realize it was too big to fit around any part of my waist. Any one ever rigged one up to resize it? I think getting some more velcro and a few stitches should do it. I dont want to pay to reship it back and pay to have it reshipped back to me. Any thoughts??

Pack on a few extra pounds...:D

Glock4Epton 03-19-2011 01:20 AM

Im already working with this "sympathy" weight I packed on during my wifes pregnancy, my daughter is 4 months now and the weight is still hanging out...lol

Jo da Plumbr 03-19-2011 01:24 AM

I'd pay the shipping and send it back for the right size.

Car54 03-19-2011 01:31 AM

Call the company and see if they will give you a return merchandise authorization. If so, some companies will pick up the return shipping costs.

freefall 03-19-2011 03:19 AM

Drink more beer! (I can't believe I'm the first one to suggest this.)

simonbirch 03-21-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock4Epton (Post 467816)

I also ordered one of these and don't care for them at all...my first experiance with was almost a killer....it's too thin in the carry pocket and as I was pulling it around the material somehow pulled the trigger and was inches from my foot IN THE HOUSE...I got rid of it....it just isn't built right. So many paddle holsters work better and alot of the inside the waist band ones as well. I think for the money, it's just a waste, but that's just me. I have ordered alot of stuff from the Glock Store and always had great results. When I did have problems they are very good about refunds. Take care and be careful and good shooting!

WDB 03-22-2011 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonbirch (Post 469537)
I also ordered one of these and don't care for them at all...my first experiance with was almost a killer....it's too thin in the carry pocket and as I was pulling it around the material somehow pulled the trigger and was inches from my foot IN THE HOUSE...I got rid of it....it just isn't built right. So many paddle holsters work better and alot of the inside the waist band ones as well. I think for the money, it's just a waste, but that's just me. I have ordered alot of stuff from the Glock Store and always had great results. When I did have problems they are very good about refunds. Take care and be careful and good shooting!

Thanks for the input, please stop by the new member into page and tell us more about yourself especialy how you almost shot yourself with a Glock;).

Glock4Epton it's simple, if it doesn't fit send it back. You wouldn't keep a pair of shoes in the wrong size or try to modify them so why would you keep a holster for your every day carry that doesn't fit?

M14sRock 03-22-2011 03:15 AM

Bacon will help. Lots of bacon.....

With beer.

7point62 03-22-2011 12:38 PM

It's important for CC that you get as near a perfect fit as you can. That's one trouble with internet buying, you can't try the stuff on. I wouldn't mess around with trying to resize it or alter it. You gotta have confidence in your holster.