Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Belly band ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 531 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 207

Default Belly band ideas

My wife is currently looking for a belly band so she can carry her LCP with her when she works out and goes running. Right now she has tried just putting it in the waistband of her yoga pants (in a Remora holster) but the pants doesn't keep enough hold on it to keep it from bouncing around.

Anyone have any experience with belly bands?

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

None personally. But I know there are a couple members who have used them. I'm sure they'll be along at some point to help out.

What interests me is those UnderArmour(esque) under shirts that have a built in underarm holster. That seems handy.

Always have clean socks.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:07 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well the wife drug me along to a craft store today and so I picked up some 3 inch elastic band and Velcro and I am having her sew it up right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 04-21-2014, 04:29 AM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 10 Posts

Have her try moving the Remora to the inside of her sports bra under her arm, non dominate side for a cross draw. If she's running she should be wearing a good high impact sports bra and they are always snug enough to keep the gun from bouncing. Plus it puts the gun in a great position for draw if your in a tucked position for protection.
They also make shirts and tanks for this but I've found the Remora and high impact sports bra works best for me. Just did a Marathon relay like that with no problems. All belly bands road up, twisted out of position, or chafed. Good luck and let us know how things go.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:01 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well we made one and she is liking it so far. I told her to put it in her sports bra but she wears t-shirts when she runs too.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #6

Liked 209 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Have your lady check out this site. http://www.cancanconcealment.com/#!holsters-for-large-guns/c9ml

Old 05-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1372 Times on 933 Posts
Likes Given: 471

We just use the cheapo belly bands from the Sportsmans Guide. We both carry the gun at 2 o clock IWB with the belly band. We use the belly band when our clothing won't support a leather holster. One of my friends carries a full size 1911 in a belly band every day. He is a heavy equipment mechanic/millwright. The 3 lb gun never seems to bother him. I never see him adjusting the gun or fidgeting.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 05-04-2014, 11:39 PM   #8

Liked 20 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Belly ban

Try Crossbreed, They have a modular belly ban that a kydex holster velcros to it. Rob Pincus teamed up with them. I have one for my glock 42. works great.
Mike

Old 05-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I bought a belly band off of eBay for $10. I put my J-Frame revolver of DB9 in it for running. Works perfectly!