Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Belly band holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Belly band holsters

Who has used the belly band holster and what kind? What do you think of them?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #2

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have one. Very disappointed in the quality. Had to see parts of it right out of the pack. That said, I can carry any of guns very securely with that little booger. Deep conceal and exercising are probably the best uses for it.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #3

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I have one that I like but wish I had gotten it one size larger.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #4

I bought one a few weeks ago made by ace case. So far I like it. I got it for when I go running but have found that I also like if im in sweat pants or loose shorts. The only negative I found so far is that it's been pretty warm here the last week or two and having a 4 in band tight around your waste gets a little warm after a while. Other then then that though it is very comfortable and feels secure holding both my .40 and LCR

Old 08-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #5

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yea. I like it with exercise clothes, but for docile activity only. I don't sweat on my guns.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #6

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwolfe View Post
I bought one a few weeks ago made by ace case. So far I like it. I got it for when I go running but have found that I also like if im in sweat pants or loose shorts. The only negative I found so far is that it's been pretty warm here the last week or two and having a 4 in band tight around your waste gets a little warm after a while. Other then then that though it is very comfortable and feels secure holding both my .40 and LCR
Living in the Southernmost part of Florida that is what has kept me from buying one. As soon as I saw the title of this threat I was planning on asking that very question. How hot does it get in hot weather? How much sweat soes it cause? Does the sweat soak through and get on the gun?

Old 08-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysKelly

Living in the Southernmost part of Florida that is what has kept me from buying one. As soon as I saw the title of this threat I was planning on asking that very question. How hot does it get in hot weather? How much sweat soes it cause? Does the sweat soak through and get on the gun?
It doesn't get to the point where i have to take it off but I can definitely tell it's there. However the specific time I am thinking about it was close to 90 out and I had to wear jeans and a black shirt but I still used the belly band cause I was still feeling out how liked it for different clothing situations.

And yes the sweat soaks through onto the gun. Unfortunately i sweat a lot no matter what and I have not been able to find a way of carrying that I don't get sweat on them except when I pocket carry my LCR. It has just become a habit of mine to wipe my carry gun down at least once a day and give it a good cleaning once or twice a week.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I have one and am very glad I have it. They do come in handy when all you wear in hot weather are cargo shorts and t-shirts.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #9

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Hell I wish I was small enough to wear one.