Belly Band

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Belly Band

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default Belly Band

Anyone using a "belly band" type of carry.....and what are you carrying? Summer carrying is difficult for me, since I wear shorts and t-shirts 99% of the time. The pistol (.380 Bodyguard) as light as it is still tugs my shorts down when I pocked carry...and any clip on holster is out of the question for the same reason. I wind up locking it in the vehicle in an lock box, or carrying in a fanny pack now, which is't the worst situation....but still looking for other options.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-26-2013, 03:12 AM   #2

Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound
Anyone using a "belly band" type of carry.....and what are you carrying? Summer carrying is difficult for me, since I wear shorts and t-shirts 99% of the time. The pistol (.380 Bodyguard) as light as it is still tugs my shorts down when I pocked carry...and any clip on holster is out of the question for the same reason. I wind up locking it in the vehicle in an lock box, or carrying in a fanny pack now, which is't the worst situation....but still looking for other options.
Desantis is best one i found. My kahr p380 fits perfect!

Old 06-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts

I tried one for the same reason, maybe I need to try a better one but the one I got scratches the absolute hell out of me.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #4

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfmdl
I tried one for the same reason, maybe I need to try a better one but the one I got scratches the absolute hell out of me.
I had the same problem plus I didn't like the the butt of the gum rubbing against my skin. I now wear a tank top tucked in my shorts with a t shirt over top, I hardly notice it now.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I've use the belly band at times. They are good, and after a while one doesn't notice that they are still wearing it.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 AM   #6
jyo

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

In my opinion, belly-band holsters are only good for smaller, thinner pistols---the Kahr CW-9 or Walther PPS would be the LARGEST pistol I would consider in a belly-band type holster---even smaller would be better...