Bad situation early this morning! - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Bad situation early this morning!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gaspump86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 372
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Default

I guess I could get another and let her use mine? A little big though.
gaspump86 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,290
Liked 984 Times on 629 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Ask what value does she put on her life? $170? I don't even know her and I think she's way more valuable that than!!
+1! I would hate to get any more bad news! I get enough of that just by turning on the TV, or several articles linked from this site just this morning. In both cases involving young children
__________________
Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
BigB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 282
Liked 88 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspump86 View Post
I was sleeping and got woke up like normal by my wife to Walk her to her car early this morning.(she works at a Bakery).
We immediately noticed our car had been broken in to.
All they got was a digital camera.
With the memory card that has 3 years of photos of our kids :-(

So we called the cops to make a report. While waiting for 2&1/2 hours...LOL @ about 5:00am we went outside to look at the car again.
I started Putting my belt on over my house shorts because I wanted to put on my pistol.
As im snapping the 9mm in the serpa, I (not knowing she went outside without me) hear her scream my name! I ran outside(weapon holstered and concealed legally) saw her frozen on the sidewalk and looking at a car with two guys in it opening their doors. As soon as I turned the corner of the building and I saw them, they saw me and immediately hauled ace.

Damn that was scary
Sorry to hear that you had this experience . I am glad your all OK but feel **** that you lost all those photos of your kids. Hope u guys come out stronger. Stay safe.
lfcshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,617
Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Default

Where I grew up I had this happen to almost every car I owned at least once. Such a feeling of violation. I had my front windows tagged while I was sitting on the couch just the other side of them. Still no idea how I didn't hear it. Locks popped on garage and cars, car windows shattered, etc. I learned how they did it without making noise. A broken spark plug snapped against glass will create crack, then just a couple more Spider webbs and then push in... completely silent. Our so a cop told me.

Sucks man, sorry to hear it. Good thing you don't keep a gun in the car.
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gaspump86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 372
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter

Sorry to hear that you had this experience . I am glad your all OK but feel **** that you lost all those photos of your kids. Hope u guys come out stronger. Stay safe.
Thank you. What goes around comes around.
gaspump86 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gaspump86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 372
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
Where I grew up I had this happen to almost every car I owned at least once. Such a feeling of violation. I had my front windows tagged while I was sitting on the couch just the other side of them. Still no idea how I didn't hear it. Locks popped on garage and cars, car windows shattered, etc. I learned how they did it without making noise. A broken spark plug snapped against glass will create crack, then just a couple more Spider webbs and then push in... completely silent. Our so a cop told me.

Sucks man, sorry to hear it. Good thing you don't keep a gun in the car.
For sure. Only time I do that if im going into a GFZ.
There was a 9mm bullet in the cup holder. I hope he saw that and his blood pressure went up
gaspump86 is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,617
Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspump86 View Post

For sure. Only time I do that if im going into a GFZ.
There was a 9mm bullet in the cup holder. I hope he saw that and his blood pressure went up
Hahahaha indeed. I sometimes forget to put it in the glovebox and leave my gun in its holster visible to anyone that walks by. I gotta get better at that.
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gaspump86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 372
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

Hahahaha indeed. I sometimes forget to put it in the glovebox and leave my gun in its holster visible to anyone that walks by. I gotta get better at that.
Yea. People don't think twice about taking what's yours. Smh
gaspump86 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:14 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,678
Liked 2445 Times on 1432 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Default

I just transfered away from that part of the country. I was stationed just up over the Georgia border from you at the Kings Bay, Sub base. Yeah, the West side of Jax is no joke.
SSGN_Doc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gaspump86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 372
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
I just transfered away from that part of the country. I was stationed just up over the Georgia border from you at the Kings Bay, Sub base. Yeah, the West side of Jax is no joke.
Cool. I did some construction to a barracks parking lot there a few years back
gaspump86 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
the CCW situation might be looking up? orienteeer Legal and Activism 3 12-10-2012 12:00 PM
NFL Ref situation Yunus The Club House 10 09-19-2012 11:30 AM
The situation with my dad trip286 The Club House 37 09-24-2011 06:08 AM
Have you ever been in a situation where... Roth General Handgun Discussion 1 06-16-2010 05:27 PM