Bad situation early this morning! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Bad situation early this morning!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21905 Times on 12377 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspump86 View Post
Now she is ticking me off. Lol
We went gun shopping.... she is so cheap! The only gun she wants is so crappy I don't want to buy it!
Sheesh!
Cobra .380 $170
a Hi-Point would be better option.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #22

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1247

LOL thats funny she wants to save money, no disrespect ment my wife is the same way!!

Old 12-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #23

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

a Hi-Point would be better option.
That's what I said!

Old 12-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x
LOL thats funny she wants to save money, no disrespect ment my wife is the same way!!
None taken

Old 12-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
The small version of what "modern policing" called "the broken window theory" (not related to the economics parable)... A broken-into car is a target of opportunity -- they were just taking advantage of the good luck which presented itself. The already broken into vehicle was inviting. Some would say a public nuissance thereby.

It wasn't the same guy(s) as had been been brazen enough to start the situation. You and your wife were in no danger. The second break in...
Speculation based on statistics.
A lone vandalized car...maybe.
One with a grown woman next to it?

Old 12-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #26

Quote:
Speculation based on statistics.
A lone vandalized car...maybe.
One with a grown woman next to it?
ignore Hock. he wasn't there, you and your wife were. trust your own instincts. he obviously didn't read the whole story before offering up opinions on the matter.

two guys getting out a car with your wife standing there, and then taking off when you showed up sounds like reason for concern to me.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #27
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7344 Times on 4420 Posts
Likes Given: 9072

Quote:
Could have been them. Never know.
Quote:
Now she is ticking me off. Lol
We went gun shopping.... she is so cheap! The only gun she wants is so crappy I don't want to buy it!
Sheesh!
Cobra .380 $170
GP, tell her you value her life and want her to have a pistol that is going to be dependable and reliable. Tell her it will be worth every penny (and then some) for her to own, learn to shoot and carry a better gun. If she should ever need to use her gun and she's got some cheapo one that might fail her, is it worth "saving money" in a situation like that? I am cheap, too, but I try to buy good firearms. I think of them as future family heirlooms. I want my guns to serve me well and not jam. I want to hand them down to my children and them to their children. Guns are not like cars, clothes, purses, kitchen gadgets, etc. If you buy a good one you won't ever have to buy one again.

Ask what value does she put on her life? $170? I don't even know her and I think she's way more valuable that than!!
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
GP, tell her you value her life and want her to have a pistol that is going to be dependable and reliable. Tell her it will be worth every penny (and then some) for her to own, learn to shoot and carry a better gun. If she should ever need to use her gun and she's got some cheapo one that might fail her, is it worth "saving money" in a situation like that? I am cheap, too, but I try to buy good firearms. I think of them as future family heirlooms. I want my guns to serve me well and not jam. I want to hand them down to my children and them to their children. Guns are not like cars, clothes, purses, kitchen gadgets, etc. If you buy a good one you won't ever have to buy one again.

Ask what value does she put on her life? $170? I don't even know her and I think she's way more valuable that than!!
excellent advice! very good points indeed. WOC is pretty spot on here. she is making good arguments to counter your wife wanting a cheap pistol.

very well said Winds!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

ignore Hock. he wasn't there, you and your wife were. trust your own instincts. he obviously didn't read the whole story before offering up opinions on the matter.

two guys getting out a car with your wife standing there, and then taking off when you showed up sounds like reason for concern to me.
Your darn right!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Thank you. Yes I told her all these things..... hard head? Idk