Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Bad situation early this morning!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Default Bad situation early this morning!

I was sleeping and got woke up like normal by my wife to Walk her to her car early this morning.(she works at a Bakery).
We immediately noticed our car had been broken in to.
All they got was a digital camera.
With the memory card that has 3 years of photos of our kids :-(

So we called the cops to make a report. While waiting for 2&1/2 hours...LOL @ about 5:00am we went outside to look at the car again.
I started Putting my belt on over my house shorts because I wanted to put on my pistol.
As im snapping the 9mm in the serpa, I (not knowing she went outside without me) hear her scream my name! I ran outside(weapon holstered and concealed legally) saw her frozen on the sidewalk and looking at a car with two guys in it opening their doors. As soon as I turned the corner of the building and I saw them, they saw me and immediately hauled ace.

Damn that was scary

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Supporting Member

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

That does sound scary. Glad you were armed. I would make sure that you and the wife are armed all the time for the next little bit, just in case. Also might want to call the police and ask for a couple of extra patrols in your area. Be careful, stay sharp and good luck.

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #3

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default Opportunity Knocks

The small version of what "modern policing" called "the broken window theory" (not related to the economics parable)... A broken-into car is a target of opportunity -- they were just taking advantage of the good luck which presented itself. The already broken into vehicle was inviting. SOme would say a public nuissance thereby.

It wasn't the same guy(s) as had been been brazen enough to start the situation. You and your wife were in no danger. The second break in...

Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborden1122
That does sound scary. Glad you were armed. I would make sure that you and the wife are armed all the time for the next little bit, just in case. Also might want to call the police and ask for a couple of extra patrols in your area. Be careful, stay sharp and good luck.
Thank you.
We had been considering getting her a gun for a while. When we had the money she decided to wait. She wasn't ready to carry one.
Now she is singing a different tune.

Lunch right now then shopping!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Supporting Member

Liked 1795 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

gaspump

Glad you were armed and you and the wife are OK. Also sounds like you may live in a bad area since they returned after the initial crime. That is pretty dog gone brazing! Or they were additional opportunists? I certainly would be looking in to personal CCW personal protection & defense classes. And get your wife one of the new Tasers if not a Pistol of her own. Another thing comes to mind regarding past experiences. When confronting either intentionally or by accident anyone in this fashion, know your surroundings and have a pre-mental plan. This means mentally "What If" training in your mind and practicing for an occasion before it would actually happen. Which would include the location of cover in your yard, safe observation areas and the like. We had a man in Indy who approached two individuals breaking into his car and they shot an killed him one morning. So use extreme caution and always be prepared "In Advance!" Mentally train and plan ahead so you will respond effectively if an event like this should ever occur again. We pray not! Being in the open with no cover is a bad place to be should they have a weapon.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #6

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6908

So, the second car was someone else? Not the first guy who broke in?

I'm glad you are all safe.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #7

Liked 16783 Times on 9730 Posts
Likes Given: 43815

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspump86 View Post
Thank you.
We had been considering getting her a gun for a while. When we had the money she decided to wait. She wasn't ready to carry one.
Now she is singing a different tune.

Lunch right now then shopping!
glad everything turned out okay. yes definately time for some training and a new pistol. better to have one and not need it, than to need it and not have one.

the part that worries me is they saw your wife and were still getting out of the car! that part would scare the hell out me, if it had happened to me and my wife. only after seeing you they took off! that in itself is very scary.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
Supporting Member

Liked 1795 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Winds,

Must have been a second car and not theirs after reading it again!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
So, the second car was someone else? Not the first guy who broke in?

I'm glad you are all safe.
Thanks. It may or may not have been the first thief's.
I think it was. I think they rode buy and saw an opportunity to get the wallet they didn't find.
Glad I was there.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Winds,

Must have been a second car and not theirs after reading it again!

Could have been them. Never know.