Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Back conceal carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/back-conceal-carry-67494/)

chazzy 07-02-2012 06:41 PM

Back conceal carry

What's a good holster for conceal carry in the small of the back? It's summer and it's hot....my iwb holster is fine at the 4:00 position but while wearing shorts and one shirt untucked with the leather touching my skin, kinda makes it uncomfy. I think iwb in the back will be quite comfortable. Suggestions?

NC1760 07-02-2012 07:01 PM

Hello... Exactly what kind of gun (size, make, model) are you carrying? That makes a difference.
Now I don't mean to rain on the parade here... and this is just my opinion, but small of the back carry is really not very comfortable. In situations like driving and sitting against any type of hard back support it can get very tiresome.... and can leave you without easy access to the weapon... and unfortunately easy reach for others that might come up behind you. Especially in a crowd situation. The other factor that you might want to consider is what if you slip and fall backwards?... That hard peice of metal will be sitting right up against the base of your spine and could cause a lifelong dissability. I'm just saying... you might want to think this out beforehand.
BUT.. if you're looking for a more comfortable ITW carry... I recommend ACE Case holsters (I carry my Radom P65 in one all Spring and Summer long)... Cheaperthandirt carries them.... OR others here rave about Crossbreed brand holsters.

marc29th 07-02-2012 08:17 PM

Look st a N8^2 tactical holster they are comfortable right against the skin withe there soft suede backing. I've got mine on right now with just a t-shirt and cargo shorts on.

bones72 07-03-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc29th
Look st a N8^2 tactical holster they are comfortable right against the skin withe there soft suede backing. I've got mine on right now with just a t-shirt and cargo shorts on.

I agree with this statement they are very very comfortable. I really like mine i forget i have it on a lot of the time....highly recommend it!!!!!!

treehugger49 07-03-2012 03:41 PM

I would definitely reconsider SOB carry for the reasons NC1760 enumerated above.

You didn't state what firearm you normally IWB carry, but for shorts and T-shirt attire I would consider a mouse gun in a pocket holster before resorting to the SOB.

I alternate between an XD-40 in a CrossBreed SuperTuck and a Ruger LCP in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

Whatever works for ya.....

chazzy 07-05-2012 01:26 PM

Yeah understand completely the "cons" of SOB carry can cause. I have a White Hat Holster that is very similar to the crossbreed but I can't get use to it being directly against my skin. Btw, I carry an xd9sc....love that gun.

treehugger49 07-05-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazzy (Post 859819)
Yeah understand completely the "cons" of SOB carry can cause. I have a White Hat Holster that is very similar to the crossbreed but I can't get use to it being directly against my skin. Btw, I carry an xd9sc....love that gun.

I agree that the holster against the skin isn't very comfortable. For a couple of years I wore a "wifebeater" t-shirt under my normal shirt in the summer time for just that reason, but that isn't optimal, either.

I've got an XD-9SC too. Great pistol. It was my wife's before she decided it was too much for her to lug around. That's where the LCP came in, and ultimately she now carries a Sig P238, so I'm using the LCP for the summer months.

naf84 07-05-2012 03:00 PM

I've got a belly band that I wear with my P95 in the 4:30 position. Comfortable and concealable, I also wear a undershirt tank for additional comfort. Really no way to get around FL summer heat. It's hot no matter what you wear.
I've also got an Old Faithful holster on order so I can mix it up.

levelcross 07-10-2012 10:32 PM

The lil Girl loves her N8 2 at 4:00, I see no reason it wont work with SOB if that is the way you want to go. I like it, just a little high I think. A Remora in a baggy pocket would work well also. I have to wear a undershirt to carry IWB so I feel your pain.