baby proofing - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

baby proofing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 02:23 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoprepper

Do u think under a stressful situation u could get one of those open fast enough?
Yup! Mine you have to type in a code and as long as you don't make it tuff I think it's easy. They also make a bio one to. That one reads your blood path or something and just pops open.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:26 AM   #22

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
sorry, didn't see any humor in such a statement.

many, many members here take firearm safety and how it relates to children very seriously. again, i fail to see where your statement was funny.
Dude those of us that have older kids have seen how fast things can go wrong. You cant plan for everything, but you can make their world as safe as possible. Being a responsible gun owner is just part of being a parent and your "messing" just didn't come off in such away to instill confidence in those of us that feel the same way as Axxe and the others.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:29 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearrwe

Dude those of us that have older kids have seen how fast things can go wrong. You cant plan for everything, but you can make their world as safe as possible. Being a responsible gun owner is just part of being a parent and your "messing" just didn't come off in such away to instill confidence in those of us that feel the same way as Axxe and the others.
It was a joke and im leaving it at that. Im not gunna argue over the internet

Old 06-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #24

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_boy32 View Post
what are some ways I can keep my weapons out of reach of kids but still have them ready if something ever happens
Personally, I am in the camp that believes in not leaving guns laying around whether childen are in the home or not. What about visitors such as friends, family, service people, children of friends and family? Not worth the risk since there are so many options out there that reasonably secure a firearm and have pretty quick access as well.

I always pocket carry around the home and have a dedicated HD handgun. My defensive shotgun is also loaded and chambered with the safety on and resides in my safe. It's not the fastest to acces but that is one reason why so many choose a handgun for their primary HD gun, especially with kids.

Look for a good quality handgun safe that you can fasten to something solid. If you always keep the gun in there and theft is a concern look for one made of at least 11GA steel as it will buy you a little more time from theives than the lighter ones. All will keep your young kids out since they won't destroy it like a theif will. If you are weary of electronics on a safe then look at the ones that have push button mechanical locks. Most of these type safes are constucted of heavier steel as well. Here's mine. Good luck!

Old 06-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

The best way to baby/child proof your home is to teach them about firearm safety. Kids are naturally curious and always want to know what mom and dad's big secret is in their room.

I have raised 5 kids, 4 boys and 1 girl with firearms. My oldest is 23 and just got out of the Air Force, I have 2 currently serving in the Army. One is an EOD Tech and the other is an Infantryman. My 2 youngest kids want to be a medic's.

Since the time they were big enough to hold a rifle they have been shooting. Living here on the broader of AZ/NM/Mexico we keep my Winchester shotgun and a pistol handy at all times. That is because I have taught them the importance of keeping the family safe.

Agree or not, each parent raises there children how they see fit. I have tried my best to keep them safe. So far it seems to be working for us.