Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Assault Briefcase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 03:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Assault Briefcase

I got bored today and decided to make something.
Went to the thrift store and bought this briefcase for $1.50, came home and ripped all the insides out of it and also got some foam there for 50 cents.I used a dremal tool with a wire brush to eat away the foam where I needed to, worked like a charm but made a helluva a mess. I got a grand total of 2 bucks in this LOL

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8312 Times on 3593 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Disclaimer- I am not a lawyer
Caution: Be REAL careful, my friend
IF you are INTENDING to create a device that DISGUISES the appearance of a firearm, AND permits the arms to be fired while in its DISGUISED state, you may be about to run afoul of the BATFE. Of course, I am certan that you have not yet done anything illegal, and are only thinking about this- RIGHT?

Reason that I mention this, BATFE has held that some things, like the "wallet" holsters- you know, looks like a leather wallet, holds derringer, permits deringer to be fired while still in wallet by poking pinger thru hole in side of wallet, etc- well, that meets their definition of an AOW- Any Other Weapon- like a cane gun, knife gun, etc, and they are Class III weapons- requiring registration, payment of tax, etc etc.

So if I took a suitcase, made an internal filling that would hold, say, a Tec 9, and had wire, string, silly putty that would allow me to fire the Tec WHILE CONCEALED IN THE SUITCASE- Ah, Houston- we have a problem. OTOH, if you are making a case just to transport a firearm, well, that is legal, and done every day.

Again, I am not a lawyer, but DO be careful- OK?

Old 07-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2549 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Disclaimer- I am not a lawyer
Caution: Be REAL careful, my friend
IF you are INTENDING to create a device that DISGUISES the appearance of a firearm, AND permits the arms to be fired while in its DISGUISED state, you may be about to run afoul of the BATFE. Of course, I am certan that you have not yet done anything illegal, and are only thinking about this- RIGHT?

Reason that I mention this, BATFE has held that some things, like the "wallet" holsters- you know, looks like a leather wallet, holds derringer, permits deringer to be fired while still in wallet by poking pinger thru hole in side of wallet, etc- well, that meets their definition of an AOW- Any Other Weapon- like a cane gun, knife gun, etc, and they are Class III weapons- requiring registration, payment of tax, etc etc.

So if I took a suitcase, made an internal filling that would hold, say, a Tec 9, and had wire, string, silly putty that would allow me to fire the Tec WHILE CONCEALED IN THE SUITCASE- Ah, Houston- we have a problem. OTOH, if you are making a case just to transport a firearm, well, that is legal, and done every day.

Again, I am not a lawyer, but DO be careful- OK?
Yes, pen guns, cane guns and knife guns are AOW's but I have never heard of a wallet holster with pistol inside being controlled by ATF. Not that it is not true, just never heard that.

I guess they could use that to call any camoflaged rifle an AOW. It is "disguised". I can fire my Smith Revolver through a jacket pocket so I guess I am comitting a Federal Offense when I carry it in the jacket pocket with out first registering it as an AOW.

I know, my examples are ascinine but that appears to be the prevailing wisdom of Federal agencies, Take it to the extreme until you lose your case on appeal (at least twice) then change your policy. If someone cannot afford a decent attorney, they can go to prison for 5 years.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

That is an awesome idea. Your example turned out pretty nice, and when you take into consideration the $2 you have into it, I'd say it's damn near perfect! The only thing that keeps it from perfect is the fact that you failed to mention if you got the key/combo for it. (depending on the latch system)

Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fapprez View Post
That is an awesome idea. Your example turned out pretty nice, and when you take into consideration the $2 you have into it, I'd say it's damn near perfect! The only thing that keeps it from perfect is the fact that you failed to mention if you got the key/combo for it. (depending on the latch system)
Nope no key, thats ok tho beacuse I wont keep the gun in it anyways for long periods and its for rapid use anyways , dont want to have to fumble with keys if needed.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:24 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

That's funny! You must have had the same "Man From U.N.C.L.E. " briefcase as a kid that I had! I must have missed something here, did you say you could fire it without opening it?
I did this once with an old Readers Digest Condensed book - hollowed it out to fit my little Remington Pocket revolver. That's about all the Reader's Digest Condensed books were good for!

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-12-2008, 02:40 AM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

What are you doing with a Mac and a supressor? LOL

That looks great Righteous! Very nice work indeed.

I don't see anything there to get in a twist about. For two bucks? You can't beat the finished product for less than $50.

JD

Old 07-12-2008, 05:36 AM   #8

very James Bond. i like it

Old 07-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Very nice work indeed, and you can't beet the price!!!!

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #10

Looks good, and appears to be very functional. One word of warning however. The use of styrofoam or similar foam, when Dremeled out, creates small foam particles which may enter the weapon mechanism and create problems. It would probably be a good idea to cover the foam with a cloth lining, or if you like the foam look, coat it with a polymer sealant to prevent "flaking off" of the foam.