The Argument against all forms OTHER than Condition One - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

The Argument against all forms OTHER than Condition One

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 02:19 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm just thinking of all the handy stuff I could put in all those pockets, AND my gun or back up gun and not have to worry about carry weight.

You could put alot of crap in there, make a woman be jealous,lol.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:25 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 258 Times on 145 Posts
Likes Given: 541

I carry a 5'' 1911 right now inside wait band strong side, and never thought of a back pack, but now i am considering getting this bag! it looks very nice, 1 question how fast are you able to draw from it?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
You could put alot of crap in there, make a woman be jealous,lol.
My wife would probably start giving me her crap to carry around and then one day I'll reach for something and find a tube of lipstick or something....

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
IMO, if you are not confidant, comfortable, and experienced enough in your own ability to carry and use your firearm in condition one......put it back in the damn safe.

Jack
TOTALLY AGREE!

If your gun isn't CONDITION ONE, then neither are you!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:59 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Pictures would be great!

Why do I trust the expertise of guys I don't even know on the internet?

Does that make me gullible?

You betcha!

Old 02-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #36

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3487 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post
1 question how fast are you able to draw from it?
It's more of a subtle draw than a quick draw. With the pack slung over my shoulder, I can casually reach back and into the hidden pocket for the weapon and slide it out. Unless I have a weapon in my face at the time of the event, I am faily confident that I can get the weapon out and in position before drawing any undo attention to myself.

That being said, not as fast as you could draw from any modern holster, that is for sure. It would not be my first choice to carry into a situation where I KNEW there would be trouble.

But, for ease and comfort, not to mention not having to worry about clothing and printing, it works really well.

I'll get some pictures up this weekend.

JD

Old 08-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I don't mexican carry. if I don't have a holster, the weapon will stay at home or in the car. If you can't control the weapon you don't need to have it. That applies to the time it spends on your person as well as in action.

Why are kids even a question? If I'm carrying a weapon in a proper holster a child is not going to be able to gain access.

Kids are always a big concern when it comes to firearm safety. Whether they are yours or not. You have family and friends that visit with kids, correct?

My shotgun and pistol are always carried in condition one. You may not have time to chamber a round if you ever have to use you weapon.

I have taught my kids 4 boys and 1 girl about firearms since they could hold my S&W K22 on there own. I am not one of those parents that tries to keep them hidden. that is one of the worst things you could do. Children are naturally courious so they want to know what the big secret is that is in mom and dad's room. If you teach them they have a better understanding of what a firearm is. I would take them out and let them shoot watermelon's so they had first hand knowledge of what happens when you shoot something. When we go hunting they come along also.

I live here on the borader of AZ/NM/Mexico so each one of my kids has the knowledge of what and where is my home defense weapon is. They have have been taught what to do in case of a home invasion. We have a fall back room where they know where everything is. We do this as well as fire drills it never hurts to be prepared.

Before everyone starts yelling about this, remember this i have to drive 50 miles one way to work. So safety is my main reason for teaching them.