Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > The Argument against all forms OTHER than Condition One

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Damn JD, I have the same bag, but in Desert Cammo.

They are very handy when I am not wanting or cannot use your holster to carry my firearm. I use mine daily at the Gym and when I attend family functions or frequent places that my choice of wardrobe would not compliment a CC holster. I also use it sometimes when riding my motorcycles.

Carry backpacks are good, blend in, do not draw unwanted attention, multipurpose, and are very natural.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
That's a nice bag, JD. Have you tried any of their other bags? This one (Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon-II Backpack) looks great for the mini-BOB I'm putting together to hike from university to home.

EDIT: Slew of mall-ninja appeal adjectives removed from link description.
Blue - This is my first Maxpedition bag. I actually got the recommendation from a guy who was here for awhile that we could not figure out if he was Mall Ninja, Wannabe or serious. The guy was all over the board and we rarely saw eye to eye, but his recommendation of that bag was top shelf and I am glad I gave it a try. It is a great "urban" bag and has plenty of room for anything I need to carry.

I would be interested in hearing your review when you get yours.

JD

Old 02-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Damn JD, I have the same bag, but in Desert Cammo.

They are very handy when I am not wanting or cannot use your holster to carry my firearm. I use mine daily at the Gym and when I attend family functions or frequent places that my choice of wardrobe would not compliment a CC holster. I also use it sometimes when riding my motorcycles.

Carry backpacks are good, blend in, do not draw unwanted attention, multipurpose, and are very natural.

Jack
Great minds my Friend! I use mine in a lot of similiar conditions. No one thinks twice if a guy my size walks into the mall, or a restaurant, or is just out for a stroll with the dog and has a backpack slung over my shoulder, it's very common here in the PNW

Now, if I walk in with a 3/4 coat on, it's 60 something degrees outside, don't take it off until I sit down then bunch it up on my hip in the booth. Well, you are an observant guy, what would you think?

Old 02-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #24

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Now, if I walk in with a 3/4 coat on, it's 60 something degrees outside, don't take it off until I sit down then bunch it up on my hip in the booth. Well, you are an observant guy, what would you think?
LOL.....that's why I/we carry the bag.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #25

MB44 - It would appear you are being very responsible with your kids and I did not mean to imply otherwise. Please forgive the tone of the statement, it was meant in general, not at you personally.

In my experience, training is the best deterrent. Kids naturally are drawn to firearms, so take the mystery and mystique out of them and they become less of an interesting play toy.

Not having kids, but having a ton of neices and nephews come over, when a weapon is present and the kids are present, I do not proceed to push my views on the kids. The weapons are put up high and out of reach and the kids, thankfully, don't stay over or are there for a long enough time to have to worry about leaving them alone with said weapons. That would be when the garage safe comes into play.

As for "other" carry, I can understand the needs and definitely would recommend some sort of shoulder bag. Mine is completely innocuous to most of the world and I have yet to experience any concern or problem. Nobody is the wiser and I feel much safer.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
MB44 - It would appear you are being very responsible with your kids and I did not mean to imply otherwise. Please forgive the tone of the statement, it was meant in general, not at you personally.
D,... no offense taken,... what you said is the truth, and hearing it just reconfirmed that what I am doing is correct. Anyhow, we all get a bit thick skin from being here,.....

So time for conclusion :
1)I trust that I am doing the right ting with the kids
2) Seems like I need to explore the option of a "carry shoulder bag" as an option to the no holster hip carry. And from what I can see the recommendation for the shoulder bag is already in this thread.

Ohhh yeah,.. and once in the bag,... condition 1,...

Thanks guys,....

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Last edited by MB44; 02-22-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Man, now I HAVE to get one of those maxpedition packs!

Old 02-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #28

It's a hell of a bag for the price. I will take some pictures of my bag and how the weapon hides in there when I am about town so you can make an educated decision on your own.

However, if Jack and I both found the same bag for the same reasons, I don't think it was dumb, blind luck.

JD

Old 02-23-2010, 02:08 AM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Pictures would be great!

Why do I trust the expertise of guys I don't even know on the internet?

Does that make me gullible?

Old 02-23-2010, 02:09 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Pictures would be great!

Why do I trust the expertise of guys I don't even know on the internet?

Does that make me gullible?
It might.....but then I guess I am too because I think I could find use for such a bag. Not a fan of the single strap but I can see it's benefits here.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer