Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Applying for CCW tomorrow (Va)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid20 View Post
good luck, i'll be applying for mine in january
Thanks good luck to you too when you apply for yours! Let me know if you need any info.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8589 Times on 3725 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

HAH! My Virginia CCW took a long time. 3 days.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 04-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #13

I got my CHP (VA) in the mail today it took 30 days I was expecting to wait the full 45 days. I'm pricing some IWB holsters nothing fancy mainly clip on leather I seen a few Don Humme brand on ebay any suggestions will be helpful. I have to laminate it later on today its a flimsy piece of paper but I'm excited and understand the responsibility that this carries and I will carry wisely and safely. Thanks for all the advice and expertise!

Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Congrats on your CHP!

The funny thing about holsters for me so far is that I found a cheap little nylon holster that fits my g23, and it is much more comfortable then any other holster i have found so far, including my Bianchi. I carry SOB most of the time so I use something thats soft with a thin profile that doesn't show. I haven't tried some of the expensive ones yet but one of these days I'll give it a go. Find something that fits well and is comfortable, practice drawing from it(unloaded of course) and before you know it you'll be putting on your gun just like putting on your watch in the morning. Stay safe out there.

P.S. Told ya those things were flimsy.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat View Post
Congrats on your CHP!

The funny thing about holsters for me so far is that I found a cheap little nylon holster that fits my g23, and it is much more comfortable then any other holster i have found so far, including my Bianchi. I carry SOB most of the time so I use something thats soft with a thin profile that doesn't show. I haven't tried some of the expensive ones yet but one of these days I'll give it a go. Find something that fits well and is comfortable, practice drawing from it(unloaded of course) and before you know it you'll be putting on your gun just like putting on your watch in the morning. Stay safe out there.

P.S. Told ya those things were flimsy.
Yeah I laminated that thing ASAP! I looked at the nylon holster as well I'll give it a try and see how that works out for me. Thanks for your experience and advice.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:01 AM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Congrats, Carlo! When are we going shooting?

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 04-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #17

You'll have yours before I get mine.

The sheriff in my NC county is against the whole CCW idea, and his office waits the ENTIRE 90 days before they issue. Plus, I can't even buy a new weapon unless I want to burden three of my NC friends to have their signatures notarized so I can get a purchase permit. My VA friends can't believe it, but there you are.

However, I recently went with my VA residing daughter and helped her purchase (i.e., paid for) a Glock 26. Now THAT was a fun day. She is becoming a LEO and I thought we'd be purchasing a BUG. I think the 26 is a little big for this, but . . . kids.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Congrats, Carlo! When are we going shooting?
I still havent checked out the range at Superior I've bought a few things from them they have a wide selection. Anytime you are avail I could use some good shooting tips from an experienced shooter. Thanks for the invite!

Old 04-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losov View Post
You'll have yours before I get mine.

The sheriff in my NC county is against the whole CCW idea, and his office waits the ENTIRE 90 days before they issue. Plus, I can't even buy a new weapon unless I want to burden three of my NC friends to have their signatures notarized so I can get a purchase permit. My VA friends can't believe it, but there you are.

However, I recently went with my VA residing daughter and helped her purchase (i.e., paid for) a Glock 26. Now THAT was a fun day. She is becoming a LEO and I thought we'd be purchasing a BUG. I think the 26 is a little big for this, but . . . kids.
Thats a little too much to have to do just to purchase a weapon sorry to hear that. Thats awesome with helping your daughter buy a Glock money well spent though good luck to you and with her new career!

Old 04-05-2010, 02:35 AM   #20

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloglock19 View Post
I still havent checked out the range at Superior I've bought a few things from them they have a wide selection. Anytime you are avail I could use some good shooting tips from an experienced shooter. Thanks for the invite!
I'm gonn'a hold you to that! I generally go when it's raining, or on the weekends, so if the weather is going to be crappy I'll hit you up.
What I like about Superior is that within 3 trips, you're family. The people are great, and the range doesn't draw the number of noobs that A&P does at Lynnhaven.
"Back in the day", we used to use these ranges for military handgun quals as the Oceana range was deemed inadequate, so I've had experience with both for more years than I care to discuss in public. Superior isn't as pretty, but it's much more user-friendly. To cut to the chase, everyone I talk to thinks that A&P is staffed by a bunch of dicks and posers, with a healthy dose of criminals blended in for flavor. And they have had their share of legal problems. Add to that a flash-fire (Inadequate ventilation) that hurt a bunch of people, and my azz ain't found there.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."