Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Application for first time buying a gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Application for first time buying a gun

I was given a website by my local police department and told to call back monday when the right person is there available. She said this website has the forms: New Jersey State Police - Forms To Download not sure which forms exactly they will need so I plan to ask when I call.

By the looks of the first and second one along with the last 3 there listed it looks like I may need 3 endorsement signatures and a possible mental evaluation? I have no record what-so-ever with mental illness drugs arrest etc with the law so maybe not.

But I was expecting one of the forms to ask for a reason of owning a firearm but I didn't see that anywhere.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Congratulations on your decision. I'm sorry you have to live under such terrible gun laws.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Congratulations on your decision. I'm sorry you have to live under such terrible gun laws.
Dittos on your statement. Texanbybirth, I was born just a little south of you in Corsicana. Great flag “1824”, having taken Texas history I know the meaning.

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm