Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Anyone use this deep conceal holster (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/anyone-use-deep-conceal-holster-37315/)

Strongwood 01-24-2011 04:14 AM

Anyone use this deep conceal holster

I am looking to purchase a deep conceal holster and I have come across this product as well as many others like it

I was wondering if I could get any opinions or reviews from anyone familiar with something like this?

SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

I have a S&W 638 that would be something I would use with this as I feel my XDM 3.8 9MM would be a bit too large and bulky. I have a Super Tuck Deluxe for that one

Thanks for the info in advance

Neophyte1 01-24-2011 10:20 AM

Demonstration

In recent months; I have seen this system up close and personal. Daughter to the family, demonstrated, I asked her to sit, stand sideways, bend, lean, and turn so I could look from the back:) ''very'' cute, by the way.

''daughter'' small framed, shapely, with ''lady like'' blue jeans; fitting very properly.

Father showed up; and did the demonstration. Small framed gentleman, with blue jeans

At no time was I able to see any sign or signs of anything. It appeared natural, and comfortable.

About the only question I didn't ask her; when you go to the bathroom; what happens to the unit.

hnealg 01-24-2011 12:02 PM

I have one for my Glock 19 and G36, it is good deep concealment--very comfortable, relatively easy access, nearly impossible to detect. They are made in three sizes to accommodate a wide range of guns (I use the medium).

The only problem is going to a public restroom--I recommend using the stall, with the holster properly positioned "in the way", the needed manipulations might look a little suspect while standing at a urinal.

(By the way, the lower you wear the Smart Carry, the more it "disappears".)

spittinfire 01-24-2011 12:45 PM

I wouldn't mind playing with one but I'm not sold from just the video.

DrJason 01-24-2011 12:53 PM

I have one. Works very well. But pants or jeans can't be too fitted, otherwise it will show.

I also, have a buddy that was the one that told me about it, he's been using one for years and also speaks highly of them.

General_lee 01-24-2011 01:31 PM

I have a "Thunderwear" holster which is identical to the Smart carry.
They are very comfortable to wear, but it is a pain in the a$$ when you have to go to the bathroom.
I only use mine if theres no other way to carry.

dantfitz 01-24-2011 02:13 PM

Am I the only the only one that laughed when he demonstrated how to take the "strong" hand and retrieve the gun. Insert your own joke here.

Gojubrian 01-24-2011 03:03 PM

There's no way I would want that holster, no way.

DrJason 01-24-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 428428)
There's no way I would want that holster, no way.

Trust me, its not my 1st choice or even 2nd, but there are times when it is wearing this or not carrying, and it does work and is relatively comfortable.

Strongwood 01-24-2011 06:40 PM

Thanks for the info

yeah, a couple of things bother me,

1) I don't want to blow off my junk

2) I tend to drive and drink coffee, sometimes the bathroom is a panic stop :) so any hesitation in turning it loose is a negative

with that being said, I am a short and possess a kinda duffel-bag looking build and it is hard to conceal comfortably with an IWB This would allow me to carry more often

I was also thinking on using this holster while riding my Harley

So far I am still undecided but am open to suggestions from other "duffel bags" on other ways to carry comfortably *grin*