Anyone try the Belly Bands?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone try the Belly Bands?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

Default Anyone try the Belly Bands?

I love my leather IWB holster, and even though it's tuckable, it still has those black clips that stick out and can be seen when a shirt is tucked in.

no big deal when wearing t-shirts or sweatshirts, but it is visible to others when you have a shirt tucked in.

This past weekend, my wife and I attended a work function for her company. I was wearing a nice button down shirt that was tucked in. On the way out the door my wife noticed the clips and said "you can NOT take your gun. My company has a no-gun policy and I'm not going to risk losing my job"

then the next day, she asked about holsters that don't have clips, because she knew I was carrying when she saw the holster clips on my belt.

I've seen some of the "deep concealment" holsters that have a fake beeper on the clip, or a cell phone holster on the clip to hide it, but I don't use a cell phone holster. I think they're kinda lame so I'm not really interested in something like that.

so, what about those $20 belly bands? they look simple enough, cheap enough, anyone use one, and how do you like it? will it hold a full size metal framed semi-auto? (I carry a Beretta 96) or will that be too much weight for it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #2

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

My 69 year old Uncle uses one and loves it. He is a big guy at 6'6" and around 300 lbs. and the only tell is he will now tuck his shirt in. I have been thinking about getting one and giving it a go for the dress up functions as well. I am not worried about the belt clips being noticed but more about the wear on my suite trousers. I may switch from the metal belt clips and make a few Kydex belt clips and try them out. I saw some for sale at a gun show that went behind the belt then turned up towards the outside like a J hook.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 AM   #3

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

I tried one more than once, it sux! But I'm really picky with holsters and think IWB sux to. They always show and look stupid and that's unacceptable to me. That's why I do pocket carry only.

Belly bands are uncomfortable, cut into your skin and don't hold anything but polymer and only standing straight up.

When I went to get out of the car the gun would fall out. Velcro doesn't work! Belly bands contract and expand as you move, stretching and pulling the Velcro apart and loose.

Worst holster I ever tried.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
I love my leather IWB holster, and even though it's tuckable, it still has those black clips that stick out and can be seen when a shirt is tucked in.

no big deal when wearing t-shirts or sweatshirts, but it is visible to others when you have a shirt tucked in.

This past weekend, my wife and I attended a work function for her company. I was wearing a nice button down shirt that was tucked in. On the way out the door my wife noticed the clips and said "you can NOT take your gun. My company has a no-gun policy and I'm not going to risk losing my job"

then the next day, she asked about holsters that don't have clips, because she knew I was carrying when she saw the holster clips on my belt.

I've seen some of the "deep concealment" holsters that have a fake beeper on the clip, or a cell phone holster on the clip to hide it, but I don't use a cell phone holster. I think they're kinda lame so I'm not really interested in something like that.

so, what about those $20 belly bands? they look simple enough, cheap enough, anyone use one, and how do you like it? will it hold a full size metal framed semi-auto? (I carry a Beretta 96) or will that be too much weight for it?
I'll say this much for them. They're terrific when you need one. In the hot season I wear one beneath my t-shirts, and in a short time feel quite comfortable as it jells along the contour of your physique.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #5

Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

my 70 yo uncle uses one and loves it .... hes 6ft 220 ish .... I however have never used one.

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #6

I carried a ruger lcr in my boot for a about a year. I recently sold it and tried to carry my g26 in my boot. While I did it just find it was a little heavy. So I looked online and looked at alot of different brands. I found one with a Velcro retention strap which is nice just for piece of mind. But I wear it everyday and I love it, I got it online at www.bluestonesafety.com. It also has a retention strap for an extra mag. You should check those out

Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #7

Go to smartcarry.com and get one. I've worn mine for three years and love it!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:04 AM   #8
jyo

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I like belly-band holsters quite a lot---but, only with smaller guns like a Kahr CW9 or the slim little Walther PPS 9mm---belly-bands are not good for full size or heavy guns!