Anyone running a N82 tactical holster? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone running a N82 tactical holster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 575 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Well, I did it. I got so excited (hope it doesn't show ) about the AlienGear I sent them this idea. They have a great looking holster with a few features I like.

My intent would be to use 1 single holster for either IWB or OWB by just move the clips from front (IBW) to the back (OWB). The only question is how the clips attach to the pad. Looks like small inserts. It might require a minor re-design - maybe not. I think having the flips attached in the same direction would keep the clip opening pressed closed by the pad to avoid the holster being pulled loose when drawing the pistol. Just my thoughts...I don't know why it couldn't be done.

http://aliengearholsters.com/

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 02-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #22

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I don’t carry, but I’ve tried a bunch of holsters anyway.

I have a Glock so trigger protection is mandatory. The Professional’s plastic holds its shape and allows simpler re-holstering. It has a ‘twist’ retention design that works well. It only has one clip and while not easy, it is a lot easier for me to put on and take off than the crossbreds. Its tuckable clip would swivel, so I taped it still. With that, and the large amount of surface area the backing has, it stays still. It is comfortable and I wasn’t aware of it when I wore it. I like it.

I also have a Comp-Tec Infidel-ultra. It also has a plastic ‘sleeve’, a leather backing, and one clip, but the leather it doesn’t extend to cover the grip. The G19 grip chews up my skin.

That's why I really love the N82 holsters. They cover the whole firearm, so it doesn't touch your skin.

Sent from somewhere at sometime during that one day.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:47 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Fathead00 - that's all I need to know. I would get the Pro model as it has the rigid holster on the soft padding and I also want it tuckable - which they are. I can't see an all soft fabric for IWB. To me it would crush when I sit and possibly stand from belt pressure.
I can only suggest reading and watching some reviews. I haven't read anything about the fabric bunching up. Reviews have pretty much unanimously said it's one of the best and most comfortable holsters out there.

(note - there are more Pro models out now than stated in this review.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/11/brad-kozak/gear-review-the-n8%C2%B2-tactical-pro-iwb-holster/

http://youtu.be/Rrff4OHCqIA
http://youtu.be/UkcmRkfjcoU
http://youtu.be/YvTJHJFMxwE
http://youtu.be/DgUi6B0cmmI

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 02-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #24

I can't watch too many videos - we are on a limited data program with Verizon and it becomes costly when we go over. We don't have too many options for internet service out here.

If there is confusion, I'm not concerned or speaking about the Pro models. The NON-Pro models use elastic for the gun pouch itself. My concern is the IWB non-pro elastic type may collapse from belt pressure. I don't wear my belt too tight but when sitting it is tighter. Pro model is the way to go if that is what you want for IWB - IMO.

But for the money - I'm likely going with the AlienGear. Same rigid pouch and the way it looks the same holster (just move the clips) for IWB or OWB.

Non-pro model:

Pro model:

~ Holsters ~

We the People...

Old 02-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #25

Liked 117 Times on 89 Posts

I agree with pro model probably being the way to go but I don't think the fabric of the original will collapse. It's basically like a cheap Blackhawk holster with a nice leather and suede base. I have wore those cheap Blackhawks from Walmart many times many years ago and they never collapsed. I think it will however need replaced sooner than later as that fabric doesn't stand the test of time

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 02-07-2014, 12:38 AM   #26

What's going to hold the gun pouch open when inside your jeans and belt with the gun drawn?
Can you holster/re-holster with 1 hand? << for those who already have one - non-pro models

I'm not criticizing N8Tactical just comparing and questioning the construction of their Non-Pro model. They appear to make a good holster. I do question the price as I don't understand why N8Tactical Pro ($69.95) is 2X+ what AlienGear ($29.95) costs.

I looked up Herringbone Elastic and it seems just a zig-zag pattern of elastic fabric.

These are the words from N8Tactical site describing their Original tuckable.

Quote:
The Nate Squared Tactical Original Tuckable Holster is just like our Original holster with the dense herringbone elastic. We just added the tuckable clip holder design. We sew 2 pieces of leather together to hold the powder coated spring steel clip. An additional piece of leather is sewn onto the dense herringbone elastic. This piece of leather gives stability and provides a smooth surface for the tucked in shirt to be pulled out easily for quick access to the firearm. So whether you are going to work, church, or just going to have a nice meal, you can still easily conceal your firearm and look professional. Have a trigger guard mounted laser? You can order an Original Tuckable holster that will accommodate your laser for only an additional $10!
Blackhawk:
http://www.blackhawk.com/catalog/Holsters,16.htm

~ Holsters ~

We the People...

Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #27

Liked 117 Times on 89 Posts

Yes I see what your saying when gun is drawn. That fabric is too soft to stay open. But how many times do you drawn your gun once you leave the house? If you are practicing your draw and shoot I can see this being a big inconvenience but just to carry not a problem. I was referring to the cheap $8 holsters that are a nylon pouch as far as the Blackhawk.
imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1391771791.693478.jpg
The alien holster seems like a great deal but it's basically a crossbreed copy with a few upgrades. The reason I was looking at the n82 was because the crossbreed holster I have is just not that comfortable. I will give the pro model a shot as it's backing is a little different design than the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 02-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #28

Liked 1911 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1455

Well, for an actual SD use, I don't think re-holstering is important, relatively speaking. For practicing drawing, a 'collapsed' IWB would be real PITA. I might have tried an Alien had it been available.

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 02-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #29

Thanks for the replies. I do understand that as SD it may never need to be re-holstered. Being an IWB design it may be never which is what I believe most would prefer.

I ordered the AlienGear this morning. We will see. This may be my first holster to go into the "Box of holsters" that didn't cut it. But they do offer a 30 day return guarantee. I am a thinker/procrastinator according to mama. But I try to think things out thoroughly before I make a commitment. It has always worked for me before. Hope it works for me here too.

AlienGear provided a better answer on why they don't offer clips on the back side. Their holster design is top heavy with the gun in the pouch and pulls away from your hip. Makes sense. But me...I'd find a way to reinforce it to make it work

jjones45 - please let us know how you like your choice. I will provide a full review/report after receipt and wearing for a couple weeks

For OWB (still concealed but under a long shirt) I'd still line a nice leather holster. Some are so beautiful looking.

~ Holsters ~

We the People...

Old 02-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #30

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Well Nate sent me both the Original, and the Pro. And a note saying "thank you". Thank me? Dude sent me 100$ worth of holster to "try out". I should thank him! Anyways, both worn during dinner, during tv, during office work at desk, and driving. I was carrying a 357 2.5 inch barrel snub in a IWB Bianchi. No I carry a full size CZ75B. No problem with either. I can reholster the original with ease. The Pro is easier to do with out looking. Both are nice. I bet I can sell quite a bit of these in Indiana.

Frank Saputo
Saputo Arms & Repair
West Lafayette, IN 47906