Is anyone pocket carrying a Kahr CM9?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Is anyone pocket carrying a Kahr CM9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Is anyone pocket carrying a Kahr CM9?

I've been thinking what gun don't I need next and in doing hours of research I've jumped from a CZ RAMI to a NANO to a CM9.

This would be my first striker fired gun and DAO.

I've found a couple of places selling it for sub $370 and that's what first caught my eye, but other then some Kahr general gun break in issues, it seems like a good value and good functioning gun. With reasonable customer service backing it up.

Anyone have an opinion or real life experiences with carrying or shooting this gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I have a Kahr CM9. Great gun. 100% reliable. It's never malfunctioned and I've yet to find a type of ammo it won't shoot. What made me choose it over the other small 9's is how comfortable it is to shoot. Surprisingly low recoil and muzzle flip for such a small gun. Don't get me wrong, it kicks, but it's very controllable and not uncomfortable at all. I've fired guns like the Ruger LC9 that after 50 rounds made my hand really sore. The Kahr doesn't. It's not my primary carry gun, as I prefer to carry something bigger under normal circumstances. But when hot summer weather makes it uncomfortable to wear enough clothing to hide a bigger gun, the Kahr rides easily in the front pocket of a pair of shorts.

The RAMI is an excellent gun, but I'd think it's a little big for pocket carry. It's about an inch bigger than the Kahr in length and height and half again heavier. And I haven't had a chance to try a NANO yet, although I've been looking for one to check out. Not that I'd buy it as I really have no desire to replace the Kahr.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201 View Post
I have a Kahr CM9. Great gun. 100% reliable. It's never malfunctioned and I've yet to find a type of ammo it won't shoot. What made me choose it over the other small 9's is how comfortable it is to shoot. Surprisingly low recoil and muzzle flip for such a small gun. Don't get me wrong, it kicks, but it's very controllable and not uncomfortable at all. I've fired guns like the Ruger LC9 that after 50 rounds made my hand really sore. The Kahr doesn't. It's not my primary carry gun, as I prefer to carry something bigger under normal circumstances. But when hot summer weather makes it uncomfortable to wear enough clothing to hide a bigger gun, the Kahr rides easily in the front pocket of a pair of shorts.

The RAMI is an excellent gun, but I'd think it's a little big for pocket carry. It's about an inch bigger than the Kahr in length and height and half again heavier. And I haven't had a chance to try a NANO yet, although I've been looking for one to check out. Not that I'd buy it as I really have no desire to replace the Kahr.

When I really got down into size comparisons, the RAMI wasn't much smaller then my Bersa UC40 that I carry now, so why bother buying one. Plus the poly frames are junk and I don't see that gun being worth almost 600 bucks for an alloy frame.

Two things I found in researching the Kahr.

1. the barrel sits lower, which results in less muzzle flip.

2. There's a break-in method on Kahr's talk forum that has resulted in less initial break in issues.

Do you use a pocket holster in carrying the PM9 or just slip it in, feel comfortable enough to carry it that way?

Old 01-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperpuncher
I've been thinking what gun don't I need next and in doing hours of research I've jumped from a CZ RAMI to a NANO to a CM9.

This would be my first striker fired gun and DAO.

I've found a couple of places selling it for sub $370 and that's what first caught my eye, but other then some Kahr general gun break in issues, it seems like a good value and good functioning gun. With reasonable customer service backing it up.

Anyone have an opinion or real life experiences with carrying or shooting this gun?
Have you thought about a S&W? There guns are very reliable. The cs45 is a very nice. Slim, full metal, .45 and its just comfortable.

image-3359968047.jpg

Old 01-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon12312 View Post
Have you thought about a S&W? There guns are very reliable. The cs45 is a very nice. Slim, full metal, .45 and its just comfortable.

Attachment 38196

I missed it....But I'm going to look right this minute...That's a good looking gun, thanks for pointing it out.

Pretty scarce gun. I don't think that they still make it.

Last edited by Paperpuncher; 01-26-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I carry the Kahr CM9 in my pocket as back up to my primary carry firearm. I've had no issues with it what so ever, and I absolutely love the size and shootability of it. I love the trigger on it that's for sure, because it may be a long trigger pull as compared to my 1911a1 and Ruger SR9c, but like those two it breaks very cleanly and is crisp.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 01-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
I carry the Kahr CM9 in my pocket as back up to my primary carry firearm. I've had no issues with it what so ever, and I absolutely love the size and shootability of it. I love the trigger on it that's for sure, because it may be a long trigger pull as compared to my 1911a1 and Ruger SR9c, but like those two it breaks very cleanly and is crisp.
It seems like a fantastic value at less then $370.

I think the trigger is going to take some getting used to.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Does any one know how long the CM9 has been on the market?

I'm wondering if its a good chance I could find it used some where.

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."

Old 01-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnHiker View Post
Does any one know how long the CM9 has been on the market?

I'm wondering if its a good chance I could find it used some where.

IMO....the CM9 has been out for about a year or more, and when it came out, it of course was going for closer to MSRP then it is now, so the used CM9's that I have seen have been going for more then what you can get them for new now.

You know how these guys price their used guns.

Last edited by Paperpuncher; 01-26-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I use a Blackhawk pocket holster. As to break in, my gun didn't need one. It shot everything right out of the box.