Anyone here ever been shot at? - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Anyone here ever been shot at?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yes I have, but I'm also a cop. I did find that after reading an article about being able to focus and not freaking out helps. But we're only human. Mentally put yourself in a sticky situation as being shot at. While you're thinking about it think of how you would react. If you freak out thinking about it 9 times outta 10 you will. But if you prepare yourself mentally by reacting differently while thinking about the situation then you are mentally preparing yourself. Your brain will then act accordingly. I know it sounds confusing. I generally train my brain daily and put myself in situations and my reactions play out just as I wanted.

chloeshooter Likes This 
Old 01-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #82

Liked 11 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell
Never shot or shot at, but had a gun pulled on me in bass pro parking lit in Indiana one time. I don't care who you are, if a man is messed up on meth and tells you he is going to kill you then pulls a ruger 9mm on you, you will **** yourself. I thought I'd be cool and calm in a situation like that...I wasn't! I seriously froze up like never in my life. .

The guy ended up in the hospital for a few days and lost right to own firearms...again! He was a convicted felon but the state of Indiana said that just because he was cooking meth in Oklahoma with full auto firearms in the home doesn't mean he can't have them in Indiana. Got his rights to own firearms back, then tried killing me...nice. that's what's wrong with the system...not the guns but the Idiots they let out of prison early then tell them they can legally own guns again.
Which bps was this?
Up north or down south?
I've only been Clarksville a time or two... Usually go to Cincinnati. It's closer to where i live.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #83

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I can relate.... I was robbed at gun point so I know the feeling. But I've also had guns pointed at me more than once. I'm not claiming to be billy bad a** by any means lol. But like I said earlier you train your mind you will react the way you train it. It's not a pleasant feeling at all by any means. People react differently. We should all just be thankful that we made it out alive. You are absolutely right about the system lol it's jacked up and probably won't get fixed. Trust me it gets old arresting someone on a felony crime then see him walking the street the very next day lol

Old 01-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #84

Liked 76 Times on 45 Posts

Haven't been shot but was on wrong end if a police officers gun once when I was a teenager. Was in wrong place at wrong time at night and he mistook me for someone they were looking for. All I can say is almost had to replace my drawers that night.

Edited to fix an autocorrect mess up by my phone.

Last edited by Robert121571; 01-13-2013 at 01:38 AM.