Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone here ever been shot at?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Last I checked bricktowns built on city streets, there's no law (that I'm aware) to ban guns,, now if the private restaurants and sports complexes ban them then that's different. Still bs but different.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 AM   #72

Hell I remember before bricktown was renovated, , talk about walking through the valley of the shadow of death,,, that place was RUFF...Cops wouldn't even patrol down there.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #73

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Oh hell I'll entertain it.

Three times in Iraq. Once in the chest (IBA saved my ass), once in the left thigh, once grazed on my right forearm.

Now that I'm NM LE working around these Indian town in northern NM these crazy drunks WILL shoot at us and HAVE on at least 5 occasions. They HATE absolutely ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT.

The first time I had to replace the shiny red LED light bar on my unit (hit by a .243), 2nd time I replaced 2 tires, 3rd time another NMSP officer and I returned buckshot into the woods and missed (snowing, THICK brush), 4th time my partner hit the guy right as I arrived behind his unit to back him up (the drunk lived), and the last time, I replaced my light bar. AGAIN.

I can't wait for these next 7 months to pass and to get my next duty assignment!

Last edited by NM-LEO; 01-10-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #74

Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc
Last I checked bricktowns built on city streets, there's no law (that I'm aware) to ban guns,, now if the private restaurants and sports complexes ban them then that's different. Still bs but different.
Yeah that's what I was meaning, almost all of the restaurants that I've been to have that stupid sticker with a gun on it, crossing it out, especially after November 1. Should of clarified what I meant!

Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #75

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks to all of you who have served or are currently serving this country, and allied countries. Thanks to all the other brothers in blue(or green or tan)present and past. Stay safe!

Speak softly and carry a big stick...just know how to use it.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

Yeah that's what I was meaning, almost all of the restaurants that I've been to have that stupid sticker with a gun on it, crossing it out, especially after November 1. Should of clarified what I meant!
I ignore most of those, here in va they can ask you to leave, possibly ticketed for trespassing if a cop is called and is pissy. But unless its a. bar, school, courthouse etc. I'm carrying .

Old 01-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #77

Liked 172 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
Did you know him well beforehand? Seem to know alot about the perp.
No. I found out everything after the fact when he was going to court to face the "charges". They said he had hired an attorney a year or more prior to that incident and a judge in Indiana gave him all of his rights back. He did a year and a half in a maximum security prison in Oklahoma. Got out and moved to Indiana where he lived originally and apparently was doing food for a while. Guess he decided to do some meth again one night after drinking, then I ran into him. They dropped all the felony charges on him and gave him 6 months probation and took his rights to own firearms again.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #78

Liked 360 Times on 216 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

Well I guess it doesn't matter too much since most of those places around there are bars. I just wish Oklahoma would adopt regulation similar to Texas statue 30.06

Question, in Oklahoma do those no gun signs carry any weight of law?

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #79
JTJ

Liked 1245 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
No. I found out everything after the fact when he was going to court to face the "charges". They said he had hired an attorney a year or more prior to that incident and a judge in Indiana gave him all of his rights back. He did a year and a half in a maximum security prison in Oklahoma. Got out and moved to Indiana where he lived originally and apparently was doing food for a while. Guess he decided to do some meth again one night after drinking, then I ran into him. They dropped all the felony charges on him and gave him 6 months probation and took his rights to own firearms again.
And there lies the problem. They blame the guns when they should be blaming the bleeding heart judges that let violent threats to society off with a wrist slap. You can also blame the lazy prosecutors that take plea bargains so they dont have to work for their pay check. But they both will show no mercy to a legal gun owner who dares to defend himself from those poor misguided miscreants.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
If things get better with age, I am approaching magnificent.
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #80

Liked 405 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf
Question, in Oklahoma do those no gun signs carry any weight of law?
I am not sure. I think they can only ask you to leave as long as its not a bar. I could be wrong though. I never go to bars so it has no effect on me for that, just the 7-11 by my house would but I don't have a CCW right now so neither effect me