Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone here ever been shot at?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 279 Times on 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

Beats a few i've read so far
Lol

Classic!

Old 01-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #62

Liked 350 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 104

When i was in the SAS. No further comment.

Last edited by manta; 01-09-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #63
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5118 Times on 2664 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Yes. Explaining it isnt going to help you. Either you been shot at or you havent. Being told about it isnt going to give you the experience or even an edge when it happens

Not something i recommend and i certainly hope never to experience again.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #64

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Beats a few i've read so far
See now, that's why I like Hoss, he can read sarcasm in text,, and types it just as thick. and his BS radar is always on. Thanks for many chuckles while reading on my phone in public Hoss.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #65

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Was shot in the left foot when I was 20. .22 lr hollow point. Hurt like hell. Spent six days in the hospital afterwards. No exit wound and missing part of the main bone next to the one connected to my big toe. Lesson to learn: when you are trying to free a jammer cartridge do not get distracted. Thank god the gun was pointed at my foot and not my head! Am now a huge advocate of firearms safety courses for novice and beginners.

RagenFlac

-Gun control is sighting up your target and hitting the mark on your first shot.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #66
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 503 Times on 278 Posts
Likes Given: 2243

Forgot.
Shot myself once.
Sort of.
My Buddys and I were in Vegas for the S.O.F. convention
were at an indoor range shooting bowling pins.
I fired a shot and had one hell of a pain on my stomach.
Found a bruise along side my navel.
Dont know if it was
the bullet
a piece of the bowling pin
Sure hurt for a second or two.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 AM   #67

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Never shot or shot at, but had a gun pulled on me in bass pro parking lit in Indiana one time. I don't care who you are, if a man is messed up on meth and tells you he is going to kill you then pulls a ruger 9mm on you, you will **** yourself. I thought I'd be cool and calm in a situation like that...I wasn't! I seriously froze up like never in my life. .

The guy ended up in the hospital for a few days and lost right to own firearms...again! He was a convicted felon but the state of Indiana said that just because he was cooking meth in Oklahoma with full auto firearms in the home doesn't mean he can't have them in Indiana. Got his rights to own firearms back, then tried killing me...nice. that's what's wrong with the system...not the guns but the Idiots they let out of prison early then tell them they can legally own guns again.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #68

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell
Never shot or shot at, but had a gun pulled on me in bass pro parking lit in Indiana one time. I don't care who you are, if a man is messed up on meth and tells you he is going to kill you then pulls a ruger 9mm on you, you will **** yourself. I thought I'd be cool and calm in a situation like that...I wasn't! I seriously froze up like never in my life. .

The guy ended up in the hospital for a few days and lost right to own firearms...again! He was a convicted felon but the state of Indiana said that just because he was cooking meth in Oklahoma with full auto firearms in the home doesn't mean he can't have them in Indiana. Got his rights to own firearms back, then tried killing me...nice. that's what's wrong with the system...not the guns but the Idiots they let out of prison early then tell them they can legally own guns again.
Thought that was a Federal issue, not states law.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 AM   #69

Liked 286 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post

Did you know him well beforehand? Seem to know alot about the perp.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 524 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Not sure if any of y'all heard about the shooting in Bricktown, OKC last year when the lakers were in town for the Thunder game during the play offs but I was right across the street from the Redhawks stadium where the shooting took place. And to think, Bricktown is an anti gun place, whoda thunk it
Wait wait wait. Bricktown is a gun free area? I never knew that. Dang, I really like that place.