Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone here ever been shot at?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #51
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 840 Times on 403 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Shot at hell!!

I have been shot!! It burns like hell and hurts even more!!!

JP-USN 20 years retired
Alway keep your six covered

Old 01-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #52

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

I guess I was threatened with being shot once, while in line at jack in the box drive thru, late night. Car load of punks thought I was cutting them in line which I clearly was not. One drunk kid jumps out after I went ahead and let them in first and threatens to open trunk and pull out his guns, notably his shotty. He yelled honky and cracker and the "N" word a few times, so I just called the cops. Cops showed up, arrested him for underage intoxication. They called me out for not really being scared for my life, because I stayed in line right behind them the whole way to get my tacos. I won't go into my feelings about this, but I felt good about it all. Lol apparently there was no guns in car... shocker!

Man almost forgot that one. I must've been like 20, them 17 or 18ish.

I guess that's not the only one now that I think about it. These types of things just aren't memorable for me.

I was threatened with a shotgun by a classmate in middle school, 6th grade. Guess I stole his bball court, he apparently called dibs..? Derrick I recall was his first name. He tried to confront me but a good friend of mine Curtis just walked up and decked him. Nose bleeding and crying he swore to get his brother's shotgun and come after us.

Hmm, wonder how many more gems I've got stored in the bank?

I bet if I actually ever was shot at I'd have a completely different Outlook about what I consider now to be all idle, but I've always been a lucky person, in pretty much everything. Man do I hope that never runs out, I might be in serious trouble. Lol

Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #53

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

When I was a very young kid about 6 years old, my dad and I would go on bike rides. We lived on the outskirts of town and would ride by these walnut and almond orchards. One day another guy on a bike rode by us stopped and said "Some idiot is firing shots in the air down there, you're gonna want to turn around".

We heard gunfire but didn't think anything of it because there is several places to shoot over there. Most of the time it is just safe shooters.

This is the closest I've ever been to being shot at.

-Matt

Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 AM   #54

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Many times, it was part of the job

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #55

Liked 279 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Was shot in my left eye with a bb gun when I was 12. Hurt like hell and spent three days in the hospital and lost my eye. Bb guns are for me more dangerous because no one thinks about saftey when shooting them.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #56

Liked 102 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Yep, when i was a kid we lived near a base, one night a bullet went through my bedroom window, missed me by about 3 inches, dumbass excuse for a sherriff did absolutely nothing and hung up on my mom. Then when i was 8 i lived in a bad neighborhood in Seattle, there were gang shootings all the time there.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
Have you ever been shot at? How did it happen and what did you do? Seems like some real world situations and how they were handled may be helpful if not at least good reading.
A few times. How? I imagine they aimed and pulled the trigger. What did I do? I got the #### out of Dodge and waited for PD to clear the scene.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #58

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
I was hoping to find out what the first thing people did when they were shot at, not in a military situation. I know for military folks it's different. For me both times as a civilian I dove for cover, drew my weapon (I was armed both times, black powder guns but still armed) then once behind cover checked the situation. I never shot back because both times people shooting with out a back drop with me beyond them. I did shoot to make noise so they would know I was there, one time it worked, the other it didn't. I guess I was wondering if anyone else dove for cover as a first response.

I understand not wanting to talk about it.

well, in that case, civilian situation...my plan is to take cover and assess what's going on. if it's a BG in my face, it's pretty obvious, but if I'm at the mall/gas station, restaurant, etc. and someone starts shooting, my plan is to duck and cover, then figure out what the heck is going on. I may draw my own weapon, then if it's obviously clear who the shooter is and that he's a BG, then IF I have a shot, I will take it. however, let's say another person is a licensed CCW holder and was "on scene first" now how do I know who the BG is and who the good guy is? I don't. so I will continue to assess and watch until it becomes clear who is who. until then, I'll remain behind cover and will not engage.

last thing I want to do is mistake an off duty cop for a bad guy and "defend the bad guy" by shooting the cop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post

I was threatened with a shotgun by a classmate in middle school, 6th grade. Guess I stole his bball court, he apparently called dibs..? Derrick I recall was his first name. He tried to confront me but a good friend of mine Curtis just walked up and decked him. Nose bleeding and crying he swore to get his brother's shotgun and come after us.

This story reminds me of my own! also in middle school. I don't remember if it was 7th or 8th grade though. typical middle school antics, one of my friends put a kick me sign on my bookbag as a joke, and there I am walking down the hall, some punk actually kicks me. I turned around and was like "what the Eff was that for?" the guy shoves me, I shove him back, he swings at me, I duck, spin, and as I come up I land a punch square in the side of his neck. (I was going for the jaw, guess I missed! ) my blow landed square enough to knock him off balance, but by that time he regained his balance, a teacher had stepped in between and broke it up. and of course, 13 year olds being the way they are, everyone was saying how I "won" the "fight" So, later in the day the punk said to me "you better watch your back, Monday I'm going to bring my dad's gun to school and shoot you" (altercation happened on a Friday)

Now, this was back in the early 90s, and school shootings were still pretty rare, so I dismissed it as tough talk and didn't think anything else of it, and I actually forgot all about it, until about 3 years after we all graduated High school, and I saw on the news where the punk was arrested and sentenced to jail because him and a buddy kidnapped a retarded kid, took him to a hotel and beat him to death, then left him stuffed under the bed for housekeeping to find. When I heard about that, the incident from back in middle school came rushing back to me, and I thought "humph...maybe he was being serious about that threat...good thing he had the weekend to cool off!"

Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #59

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Does paintball count? If so I've got several nasty bruises on my legs from my sons christmas present....lol

Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #60

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
Does paintball count? If so I've got several nasty bruises on my legs from my sons christmas present....lol
Beats a few i've read so far

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET