Anyone here ever been shot at?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone here ever been shot at?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 106 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default Anyone here ever been shot at?

Have you ever been shot at? How did it happen and what did you do? Seems like some real world situations and how they were handled may be helpful if not at least good reading.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

In high school I was leaving my friend's house in Harvey, IL and we were just getting in the car. A man came running towards us so we hurried the hell into the car because we thought he was the BG. Nope. He was being chased and another guy started shooting at him while he was running towards us. I just threw the car in reverse and drove backwards fast as hell down the street. Now as an adult, I probably would put the car in drive and ran someone over........ I never told my parents because I didn't want to be banned from my best friend's house. Fear of one's parents was serious business when I was young. Nobody was hurt. Not sure about the guy who was being chased though.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #3

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Yep and no comment.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

AWDeanSr Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #4

Liked 106 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 34

First time I was plinking with a buddy along a river in Oklahoma when a bullet went between us and then we heard the bang. We both hit the ground into a little depression in the sand. We looked over the edge and there was some moron target shooting in our direction. I say moron because there was a great big pile of sand there that everyone used as a back drop, everyone but him. We yelled at the guy but I guess he couldn't hear us. My buddy said "if he shoots again I am going to shoot back". The guy shot again and my buddy took aim on the guys truck and shot. We heard the bullet hit the metal, so did the guy and then he stopped shooting. He walked over to his truck and we got up and walked over to him and he yelled that we shot his truck, I said yep, pointed to the sand pile and said "shoot that way next time you almost killed us" and we left.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

AWDeanSr Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3094 Times on 1778 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Yep and no comment.
More than once, and no comment.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

AWDeanSr Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #6

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Nope, but I've been maced and been around when others were being shot at.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
Nope, but I've been maced and been around when others were being shot at.
I've been in a room when someone sprayed mace to be "funny" and it sucked. Couldn't imagine it being sprayed directly in my face.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #8

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
Have you ever been shot at? How did it happen and what did you do? Seems like some real world situations and how they were handled may be helpful if not at least good reading.
On a lighter note.

Have you ever been shot at?---Yes

How did it happen?---About 40 yrs. ago, my little brother (step brother) and I were having a bb gun fight. We had to pause because he had to go to the bathroom. While he was gone I went upstairs in the 2 story garage and set up an ambush. I had the sliding door slid open about 3 inches and sat there waiting with just the muzzle of my Crossman sticking out and pumped up about 7 times. To my surprise, when he stepped out the back door and down onto the first step and before I could take aim. He drew his Crossman CO2 pistol, and shot from the hip. The bb took me right in the cheek.

what did you do?---I screamed like a little girl!!, went flying down those steps nearly breaking my neck and chased him about 4 blocks. I think I got him 8 or 10 times in the butt....it's really hard to pump up a Crossman when your running about 40 mph. Later that day some do good neighbor called our house with the story of me chasing my poor, defenseless little brother and shooting him. My step dad slugged me a couple of times and I never saw that Crossman .177 again.

Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt, SR40, SR9c, 22/45, 10-22, 77MKII, PT 1911

Old 01-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpabear
On a lighter note.

Have you ever been shot at?---Yes

How did it happen?---About 40 yrs. ago, my little brother (step brother) and I were having a bb gun fight. We had to pause because he had to go to the bathroom. While he was gone I went upstairs in the 2 story garage and set up an ambush. I had the sliding door slid open about 3 inches and sat there waiting with just the muzzle of my Crossman sticking out and pumped up about 7 times. To my surprise, when he stepped out the back door and down onto the first step and before I could take aim. He drew his Crossman CO2 pistol, and shot from the hip. The bb took me right in the cheek.

what did you do?---I screamed like a little girl!!, went flying down those steps nearly breaking my neck and chased him about 4 blocks. I think I got him 8 or 10 times in the butt....it's really hard to pump up a Crossman when your running about 40 mph. Later that day some do good neighbor called our house with the story of me chasing my poor, defenseless little brother and shooting him. My step dad slugged me a couple of times and I never saw that Crossman .177 again.
Like I tell my students......it's always the second person that gets caught.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #10

Liked 2394 Times on 1400 Posts
Likes Given: 538

Twice. Overseas. No further comment.

And that doesn't include training shots or exercise torpedoes at the ships I've been on.