Anyone have a PA CCL? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone have a PA CCL?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
btw, kudos for using "ccl" and/or "lcf" and not "ccw"

its one of those small things that ppl often get wrong that just irks me.
I used to use ccw just because I saw others do it that way and you know, monkey see, monkey do. But ccl does make more sense.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

When I stated earlier today about how pleasant an experience it was to obtain a concealed carry handgun permit in Pa, I did not complete the answer as orginally asked. Once I showed my NYS pistol permit, there was no attempt made for me to provide references for the PA application. My picture was taken and soon I was handed my laminated PA permit. I failed to mention that when I arrived, I was accompanied by the other three members of my golf foresome. All of us had NYS permits and we all left the office with our PA permits. I have made mention of this occurance many times on many firearm forums and once again repeat the pleasant way the sheriff and his staff handled everything. All of us obtained what we came for and left with much information from the staff as they answered all our questions as if it were an election year and they were all running for office.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:15 AM   #13

Liked 26 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

In PA it is a very pleasant experience to get or renew your LTCF in PA that is what it called. LTCF=license to carry firearm
It enables you to carry either concealed or open carry if you like. Open carry is legal everywhere in PA except a city of the first class (the only one is Philadelphia.) In Phily to carry openly you must have a LTCF but anywhere else one is not needed.
The problem arrises if you decide to drive anywhere while you are open carrying. Once you enter the vehicle then gun is then considered "concealed" hence the need to have a LTCF if you want to do anything other than walk everywhere.
I'm coming up on my 37th yr of carrying concealed, and thank heaven I've never had to use my handgun.
The last time I renewed my licence it took me longer to find a parking space than it did to get my renewal in the sheriffs dept.
Good luck and always stay safe.

NRA
GT (Member of Bull Dawgs Club/Big Dawgs Club)
GSSF
USCCA
DC
PAFOA
DEF. HANDGUNS
AMERICAN GUN OWNERS
CONCEALED CARRY
*Concealed means...Concealed!