Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone have a CCP and not carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5130 Times on 2672 Posts
Likes Given: 312

I feel a lot better now that i have my permit.

I dont leave without a gun. If i could carry my ar15 everywhere i would!!

My first ccw license was in texas i too was in the very first group there to get one. Used it here in wisconsin to be in the very first group to get one. And no i will not move to illinoise to be first there too.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-05-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:58 AM   #12

Yep, I have mine but can't carry to either of my jobs. A "school zone" and a university campus. Pretty much limits my options six days a week. Of course the campus is in an inner city where students are assulted often and business are robbed at gun point weekly. Yep

Old 12-05-2011, 04:10 AM   #13

Wished I could get my ccp. But can't in Illinois yet!! When they do I will be one of the first

Old 12-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #14

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcoolcow View Post
Yep, I have mine but can't carry to either of my jobs. A "school zone" and a university campus. Pretty much limits my options six days a week. Of course the campus is in an inner city where students are assulted often and business are robbed at gun point weekly. Yep
Kansas law negates the legal gravity of the GFSZ on CCH holders. We are even allowed to carry in schools that aren't posted.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:21 AM   #15
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6688 Times on 4043 Posts
Likes Given: 7958

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15guy29 View Post
Wished I could get my ccp. But can't in Illinois yet!! When they do I will be one of the first
Sorry. I'm first in line.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #16

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I waited until I was close to retirement to get my CHL because I would be able to carry very little until I retired. The company I worked for had rules about weapons on company property and many of the customers I called on had rules on weapons, some of them federal laws. I used my company pickup even on personal businness, so I was seldom not on or in company property.

Since retirement, if I'm dressed, I have my handgun on me. If I'me awake, but not dressed, it is always withing reach. I don't understand, other than reasons I gave above, why anyone would have a license & not use it. No one has a crystal ball to tell them when they should carry & when they don't need to.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #17
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If I am awake and dressed, I am carrying ON MY BODY. Period.

If I am awake, and dressed in sleeping clothes...either drawstring sweats or drawstring gym shorts in summer...I am carrying ON MY BODY.

I can't wrap my head around those who get their permit, or those who live in AZ, AK, WY, VT (you know...the FREE STATES), and choose not to carry a defensive sidearm.

After 24 years carrying every day....the defensive sidearm is flat out, a part of me. I'd no sooner leave my house without it than I would leave without my pants.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #18

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4284

If I'm conscious, I'm armed. I have a few friends that have a CCW/P that don't carry on their person due to their jobs working in private residences, big fat no-no without permission. "Hi Mrs. Homeowner, I'm here to work on your security system...oh, and I'm armed to the teeth" isn't too good for business. They keep their weapons concealed in the van during the work days.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1087 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 613

well, my county happens to be restricted right now so i'm somehow not able to carry. and also i work at a federal building so even if i could carry in my county.. going to work would still require me to be gunless...not defenseless tho

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Me personally, i cannot see having my permit and not carrying. To each its own though, some dont feel they need it everywhere they go. The way people are in my city, i feel much better outdoors with my "security equipment".