Anyone have a CCP and not carry?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone have a CCP and not carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anyone have a CCP and not carry?

I have had my CCP for a while and carry everyday. It seems like I talk to more people that have gone through the trouble of getting thier CCP and never carry. What is going on with these people?

Sent from my LS670 using FirearmsTalk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8837 Times on 3825 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Lack of connection to reality????

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I don't understand why anyone would take the class and pay the fees and not carry.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5654 Times on 2954 Posts
Likes Given: 374

it gives people the option to carry. my wife has her permit but doesnt carry all the time. she likes just having her xdm in her truck.

lots of states like wisconsin for example it makes transporting firearms MUCH easier.

i would rather have people excersing their rights. the more people who have ccw even if they dont actively carry is a good thing.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Lack of connection to reality????
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones72 View Post
I don't understand why anyone would take the class and pay the fees and not carry.
Now, now, guys. I would like to get my CCP and not carry all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
it gives people the option to carry. my wife has her permit but doesnt carry all the time. she likes just having her xdm in her truck.

lots of states like wisconsin for example it makes transporting firearms MUCH easier.

i would rather have people excersing their rights. the more people who have ccw even if they dont actively carry is a good thing.
Like Jon's wife, I would like to maybe carry my gun in my car on occasion, or even carry when I choose to. Just because someone has a CCP and doesn't carry all the time doesn't mean they wasted their money and time getting a CCP. I would like the satisfaction of just knowing I took the class, got the education and experience, even if I don't carry. I like the OPTION.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

When I picked mine up at the sheriffs dept, they said many don't ever come back and pick em up. They have a big stack of unclaimed licenses.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #7

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I have my permit, and don't carry all the time, and I have reason.

First, I'm not one who says "I'll carry it if I think I might need it" I agree with many others here, if a person is going somewhere that they think they may need a gun, they're best off just staying at home.

Now for the reason I sometimes don't carry, I'm in college and it's illegal in the state of MS to have a firearm on an educational campus, with only one exception, a parent or guardian dropping off or picking up a minor child, with stipulations.

Therefor, if I'm on campus our on the way to or from campus, I'm unarmed. Theoretically. There's no rules about crowbars and hammers.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #8

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater
When I picked mine up at the sheriffs dept, they said many don't ever come back and pick em up. They have a big stack of unclaimed licenses.
My mom did that...a few weeks after some loser tried to get in her car to steal her purse(while she was inside car in parking lot) luckily she had ONSTAR and hit the emergency button and the perp left.

She carries now.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Getting a CCP is the first step for many. Unfortunately for them it might take an unfortunate incident to get them to step two.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 955 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 386

I was in the 1st round to receive carry license in TX and carried for a while. I now work for a bank and cannot carry at any work location. I find that I carry when driving out of town, as provided in the law, but am bothered by the notion of leaving my firearm in the truck...

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It