Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Anyone have a CCP and not carry? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/anyone-have-ccp-not-carry-52981/)

Hotshot 12-04-2011 03:26 PM

Anyone have a CCP and not carry?

I have had my CCP for a while and carry everyday. It seems like I talk to more people that have gone through the trouble of getting thier CCP and never carry. What is going on with these people?

Sent from my LS670 using FirearmsTalk

c3shooter 12-04-2011 03:43 PM

Lack of connection to reality????

bones72 12-04-2011 03:48 PM

I don't understand why anyone would take the class and pay the fees and not carry.

JonM 12-04-2011 04:12 PM

it gives people the option to carry. my wife has her permit but doesnt carry all the time. she likes just having her xdm in her truck.

lots of states like wisconsin for example it makes transporting firearms MUCH easier.

i would rather have people excersing their rights. the more people who have ccw even if they dont actively carry is a good thing.

winds-of-change 12-04-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 643121)
Lack of connection to reality????

Quote:

Originally Posted by bones72 (Post 643126)
I don't understand why anyone would take the class and pay the fees and not carry.

Now, now, guys. I would like to get my CCP and not carry all the time. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 643146)
it gives people the option to carry. my wife has her permit but doesnt carry all the time. she likes just having her xdm in her truck.

lots of states like wisconsin for example it makes transporting firearms MUCH easier.

i would rather have people excersing their rights. the more people who have ccw even if they dont actively carry is a good thing.

Like Jon's wife, I would like to maybe carry my gun in my car on occasion, or even carry when I choose to. Just because someone has a CCP and doesn't carry all the time doesn't mean they wasted their money and time getting a CCP. I would like the satisfaction of just knowing I took the class, got the education and experience, even if I don't carry. I like the OPTION.

towboater 12-04-2011 07:47 PM

When I picked mine up at the sheriffs dept, they said many don't ever come back and pick em up. They have a big stack of unclaimed licenses.

trip286 12-04-2011 07:54 PM

I have my permit, and don't carry all the time, and I have reason.

First, I'm not one who says "I'll carry it if I think I might need it" I agree with many others here, if a person is going somewhere that they think they may need a gun, they're best off just staying at home.

Now for the reason I sometimes don't carry, I'm in college and it's illegal in the state of MS to have a firearm on an educational campus, with only one exception, a parent or guardian dropping off or picking up a minor child, with stipulations.

Therefor, if I'm on campus our on the way to or from campus, I'm unarmed. Theoretically. There's no rules about crowbars and hammers.

jordan89 12-04-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater
When I picked mine up at the sheriffs dept, they said many don't ever come back and pick em up. They have a big stack of unclaimed licenses.

My mom did that...a few weeks after some loser tried to get in her car to steal her purse(while she was inside car in parking lot) luckily she had ONSTAR and hit the emergency button and the perp left.

She carries now.

PanBaccha 12-04-2011 08:47 PM

Getting a CCP is the first step for many. Unfortunately for them it might take an unfortunate incident to get them to step two.

TruggieTex 12-04-2011 09:20 PM

I was in the 1st round to receive carry license in TX and carried for a while. I now work for a bank and cannot carry at any work location. I find that I carry when driving out of town, as provided in the law, but am bothered by the notion of leaving my firearm in the truck...