Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone ever accidentally revealed their weapon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My wife worries about the same thing. I've never had a problem but I learned quickly to reach for high objects with my weak hand. I would not want my weapon being seen by others, you simply have no idea how they may respond.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #12

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
I don't worry about it, and I carry every day. To the best of my knowledge no one has seen or indicated they've seen my pistol.
That!!! Err, well.............my wife has seen my "pistol" many, many, many times though.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
That!!! Err, well.............my wife has seen my "pistol" many, many, many times though.

Jack
Hey! I said, pistol... not my LOVE CANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #14

Ditto what another poster said. It has never been brought to my attention that I was "Busted" . N.C.Oc and cc oare both legal,( cc with permit only). I worry more about forgetting and going into a place where CC is forbidden. I have, and fortunately, I was able to get in and out without being "made". It has never been an issue for me, seriously, other than forgetting i am carrying.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:04 AM   #15

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Most of the time if you shop for your clothes correctly you will not have a problem with showing your weapon. Plus now a days most people think that the black or tan thing on your side is your cell phone or a leatherman. MOST every day people never realize someone is carrying. Only the ones that know what they are looking for are going to realize what you have. I have not had any problems with my CCW and I live here in Az where it is hot and sometimes very windy. Dress accordingly and you will not have any problems. Hope this helps.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan The Man View Post
My wife always worries about someone seeing my CCW. Has anyone ever freaked out because they saw your gun or has an police officer ever confronted you about seeing any part of your pistol. I ask b/c here in TX it is a violation to fail to conceal your weapon.
Check out this web site, #23 specifically.

FAQ about Texas Concealed Handgun License

Quote:
What does “concealed” mean?

Concealed means that the weapon cannot be visible, and that its presence cannot be discernible through ordinary observation. It is a criminal offense for a license holder to carry a handgun in plain view, or to intentionally fail to conceal the weapon.
And here is the exact law taken frrom:

CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS - Texas Penal Code - Texas Code :: Justia

Quote:
§ 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE
HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license
holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person
under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,
and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
As you can see, in Texas, it is unlawful to intentionally fail to conceal. Incidental and unintentional exposure happens and the Texas legislature took that into account.

Assure your wife that, while you will never intentionally expose your firearm (except for self defense, of course), accidental exposure isn't a crime.

Now, I've never carried in Texas, but I open carry exclusively in Tennessee and Kentucky. Never had a freak out or a "man with a gun" call about me.

And, yes, I carry in cities (Nashville, Louisville, Knoxville, Lexington, Chattanoga). These are places I live and visit for work.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #17

+1 on this statement. I carry CC and in the open for work with badge next to gun. Most of the time people do not see it and when they do they do not say much. Just be aware of your surroundings and wear good clothing for the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
Plus now a days most people think that the black or tan thing on your side is your cell phone or a leatherman. MOST every day people never realize someone is carrying. Only the ones that know what they are looking for are going to realize what you have. .