Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Anyone ever accidentally revealed their weapon? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/anyone-ever-accidentally-revealed-their-weapon-17028/)

Dan The Man 08-16-2009 11:01 PM

Anyone ever accidentally revealed their weapon?

My wife always worries about someone seeing my CCW. Has anyone ever freaked out because they saw your gun or has an police officer ever confronted you about seeing any part of your pistol. I ask b/c here in TX it is a violation to fail to conceal your weapon.

dunerunner 08-16-2009 11:08 PM

Yup, reached for a shipping box on a high shelf in a UPS Store. The owner and at least three other people saw it and said nothing. I now carry in a shoulder rig as often as possible.

Dan The Man 08-16-2009 11:12 PM

I am very careful, but sometimes feel it is inevitable.

Shotgun Shooter 08-16-2009 11:16 PM

I dont CC or anything, but from every day life type things, dont think about it. More you worry, the more you'll be paranoid. Yeah, you dont want anyone seeing your weapon, but theres no point of obessively worrying about it. If the way you carry has chances of being exposed, try covering it up. If its IWB, wear a longer shirt. Thats just one example. I'm not too familar with concealed carrying, so I cant help you out with details.

All I'm saying is dont stress it to a point where it takes over your life outside of the house. Take some spare time and think of ways to make sure it'll be concealed. ;)

S.S.

1861 08-17-2009 12:31 AM

Here in PA. oc & cc are legal therefore no problem if it shows or you print .

Mark F 08-17-2009 12:41 AM

I don't worry about it, and I carry every day. To the best of my knowledge no one has seen or indicated they've seen my pistol.

layton 08-17-2009 12:50 AM

If you are worried about it, you might want to look at this:

Gun Concealment holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster

It is worn under your shirt, it is very comfortable. with my PT745 sub compact it doesn't print and I even forget I have it on.

Layton

Woody 08-17-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by layton (Post 145682)
If you are worried about it, you might want to look at this:

Gun Concealment holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster

It is worn under your shirt, it is very comfortable. with my PT745 sub compact it doesn't print and I even forget I have it on.

Layton

I cc a Ruger P90 almost every day IWB long tail shirt over sleeveless Tee
Never had any problem. Have to watch it a bit on windy days
but stuffin my thumb in my front pocket pins it down
(keepin concealed becomes a unconcious habit after awhile)
have never had anybody give me funny looks or stare at my side like they have seen somthing as far as I know

TelstaR 08-17-2009 02:47 AM

I have not but I take extra care in dressing for my method of carry.

WDB 08-17-2009 05:51 AM

I've carried consealed for several years and never had an issue. Might be that I often use a shoulder rig or that I'm aware of the meaning of consealed. No one (including me) wants to see a person armed that isn't in uniform. It gets my attention fast, freaks out some people. I expect the person has a consealed license but still keep an eye on him.

Don't show me yours and you won't have to see mine:eek: