Anyone conceal the xdm compact .45?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone conceal the xdm compact .45?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Default Anyone conceal the xdm compact .45?

Is it easy to conceal? Where do you conceal it? Is it on the thicker side for IWB? Just your general opinion would be much appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5147 Times on 1769 Posts
Likes Given: 1526

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFree7 View Post
Is it easy to conceal? Where do you conceal it? Is it on the thicker side for IWB? Just your general opinion would be much appreciated.
I conceal mine. Not my favorite gun for concealing but the Double Tap Stealth Armor holster will help.

See link

http://www.doubletapholsters.com/page/products#ecwid:category=2538237&mode=category&offs et=0&sort=normal

NSDQ

Like it or not, when the chips are down and lives are at stake, an armed citizen can be the "first responder." People who don’t like guns invariably rely on people who have guns when their lives are in danger.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango

I conceal mine. Not my favorite gun for concealing but the Double Tap Stealth Armor holster will help.

See link

http://www.doubletapholsters.com/page/products#ecwid:category=2538237&mode=category&offs et=0&sort=normal
Thanks, my buddy offered me his for $450 and he has only out one round through it. Yea I said only one so it's brand new. He said he shot it that one time in his back yard and hasn't since. He is looking for something different now for his backup to his duty gun. I've been wanting a .45 to conceal and I feel I can't pass this deal up. But I have never held the .45 version, i have only shot the 9mm. Thanks again for your input.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #4

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

The 9mm and the .45 feel almost exactly the same, with the .45 being slightly (hair breadth) wider. The holster the gentleman above me suggested is a good reputable holster.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 49 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 83

My nephew bought one and we laid my XD40SC on top and the XDM was only about 1/2" longer.All the other dimensions were similar and it fit perfectly in my SC's carry holster(I have a DeSantis Tuck This IWB).

If I wasn't so happy with my SC I might get one.

Last edited by Coyotenator; 09-17-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #6

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I wasn't sure if it would be one of those inbetweeners for concealed carry. But with the feedback so far it should be alright. I'll have to hold it myself to make an opinion. I held the xds a few days ago and i didn't care for the way it felt in my hand. Felt like I was holding a small 1x1 block of wood in my hand. Needed to be rounded off a bit. Thanks again for the feedback.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thought you might like to see the XDm in the Stealth Armor holster.
Will try later on to post a pic of it on me.

NSDQ

Like it or not, when the chips are down and lives are at stake, an armed citizen can be the "first responder." People who don’t like guns invariably rely on people who have guns when their lives are in danger.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango
Thought you might like to see the XDm in the Stealth Armor holster.
Will try later on to post a pic of it on me.
Looks good! How is it drawing from the holster?

Old 09-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheFree7 View Post
Looks good! How is it drawing from the holster?
Smooth and quick.

NSDQ

Old 09-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6010 Times on 3148 Posts
Likes Given: 431

I carry one owb using the holster it came with. But we also have open carry here so printing isnt of a concern in most normal situations. When i go to more liberal areas or places that are more sensitive to seeing a gun i carry a smaller firearm.

I dont have any desire to jawjack with the local pd about wisconsin law and i have no desire to be a test case for some libtard district attourney trying to overturn state law

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...