Anyone carry while ice fishing/fishing?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anyone carry while ice fishing/fishing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anyone carry while ice fishing/fishing?

it's that time of the year again where the lakes up in tha north freeze over ( or lack there of this winter) and was wondering how you guys carry while on the ice? I gave it a good thought again before this season started and realized even more so this year your pretty vulnerable out on the ice especially if your out there on a lone lake by yourself. MN is a retreat state but if confronted, I'm not retreating off the ice with no cover. Of course avoidance and deescalation are first. Just seeing how you guys carry with having a fair amount of clothes on or set up in your shacks/portables?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2012, 03:30 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8868 Times on 3841 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Tried ice fishing once, damn near drowned (it does not work well here in the South )

However, I DO carry when fishing. Also when hunting,, hiking, or going to the store for a jug of milk.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:39 AM   #3

Haha as do I, just haven't seen any threads about it on here. I usually am bundled up to the max unless in the shack. interesting to know what set ups people are using ect... Yeah I've fishing this year has been brutal. This week were supposed to be in mid to high 40's. It's almost the middle of Jan. and we still have no real snow on the ground.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #4

Only icefished once my unless live in MN and since I was just visiting I did not take my handgun. But when I go fishing here at home I do carry never know what or who your gonna run into!

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 01-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #5

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Can't agree more, when you out at your favorite fishing hole miles away from any help it good to be ready. Local spots I just carry my lcp that has a belt clip so just clips to the inside of pants. But If I know I'm going to in the middle of no mans lands I bring my full size 9mm out. Mit need the bullets. I'm in south fl and if it's not the crazys out there I worry about gators