Any suggestions on a concealed carry vest? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Any suggestions on a concealed carry vest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 06:54 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Well.. I just ordered the Crossbreed in Horse leather. Made for the PT111.
IWB.. No vest.. No pocket..No Ankle. Will have to see how it comes out. 2-3 weeks as each is handmade.

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Old 08-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Had a vest once. Looked like the thing to try. Biggest mistake I have made trying to carry my XD45C in it. I still use my vest when i go on vacation. But not for carrying my weapon. Having all the pockets on it is nice when you are carrying your camera and stuff like that and do not want to worry about forgetting a backpack some place like my son did in San Antonio.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #23

Likes Given: 5

Default My suggestion

I use ones that look like this. I live in Northern Maine and wear a vest 100% of my daily life. Why??? Gots lots of pockets for whatever I need and hides my G23 nicely. I will go through some of my files to locate the ones I wear now. They are cheaper and actually have a holster under each arm built in along with extra Magazine holders on the inside botttom edge both sides.

Samson Mfg: AR-15, AK-47, Sig 556 Rails and Accessories: Woolrich Elite Light Weight Discreet Carry Vest

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/tact-gear-tactical-vest.aspx?a=467706

This is what I use From Bluestone safety.

http://www.bluestonesafety.com/products/clothing/

Good luck choosing.

Last edited by safedman; 08-30-2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: More info

Old 09-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #24
RDW

Although wearing a Vest "SCREAMS GUN", I think it does so mostly to the people in the Gun Culture. I wear vest's every day.

Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by safedman View Post
I use ones that look like this. I live in Northern Maine and wear a vest 100% of my daily life. Why??? Gots lots of pockets for whatever I need and hides my G23 nicely. I will go through some of my files to locate the ones I wear now. They are cheaper and actually have a holster under each arm built in along with extra Magazine holders on the inside botttom edge both sides.

Samson Mfg: AR-15, AK-47, Sig 556 Rails and Accessories: Woolrich Elite Light Weight Discreet Carry Vest

Tact Gear Tactical Vest, Military Surplus, Brand Not Specified at Sportsman's Guide

This is what I use From Bluestone safety.
YouTube - Blue Stone Safety Products - Concealment Vest

Belly Bands - Blue Stone

Good luck choosing.

How hot do you get while wearing this vest? I know my 5.11 Vest is supposed to be 100% cotton but it sure does not feel like it. It feels more like a heavy canvas.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:19 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Honestly, I think you should pass on the vest.
I strongly agree, nothing says concealed gun as a vest, especially since all conceal carry vests look pretty much the same to me, as far as I have seen , there is probably an exception somewhere. In any case if you are gonna be moving around and leaning forward is a bad idea, it'll show

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 09-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #27

Default My thoughts

This is a great topic that has been going on since CCW came into being. It takes various holsters and clothing appropriate for the moment to go un-noticed. I have yet to find the ultimate way to CCW. My mind is open and if IWB holsters were cheap I would purchase one.

Last edited by safedman; 09-05-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Double tapped

Old 09-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #28

Default Ccw

IMHO
I agree with RDW. Vests scream GUN mostly to the individuals that are either of the gun culture or Law Enforcement
I wear vests spring summer and fall, always have. I have an assortment like the wife has shoes, LOL! As far as bending over and showing the weapon in a vest...scootch from the knees not bend from the waist, when CCW you need to do some things a little different no matter where tyou wear it.
The specific vest I wear now is more like canvas, it is warm when it gets 90 with 75% humidity...but so are my skivies.
At 50 I must admit I have never tried a IWB holster, they never looked comfotrable to me. I like strong side high ride carry.
I did a picture set with one of my vests on wearing 3 different strong side holsters and a SMOB, carrying a Ruger SP 101, Colt full size 1911 and my G23.
The only holster that hid the weapon when reaching overhead, bending over etc was the SMOB. But a IWB would have been great too.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #29

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
I am 6' and weigh 145 lbs.
DAmn!..You need a sammich..STAT!

I'll agree that the right rig adn sometimes a minor change in dressing and you can hide a weapon pretty easy.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #30

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by safedman View Post
This is a great topic that has been going on since CCW came into being. It takes various holsters and clothing appropriate for the moment to go un-noticed. I have yet to find the ultimate way to CCW. My mind is open and if IWB holsters were cheap I would purchase one.
I have a Gould & Goodrich Gold Line model 810 for carrying a Commander length 1911. [Link] [Link]. They run around 50 bucks. Not a bad price for a all leather easy wearing rig. And they make them for about any pistol. For the money it's really hard to beat.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson