Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Any suggestions on a concealed carry vest?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
yesicarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 306
Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default Any suggestions on a concealed carry vest?

Hey everybody,
I put a thread out about carrying at work not too long ago. I work in Lakewood Wa. where the 4 police officers were shot. Not that great of a neighborhood.
Got some great advice about carrying at work even though company policy is against it.

Well, talked to the boss as suggested.. Was told "if we cant see it, dont worry about it"..

So.. Here is my dilemma.. I am around at least 250 people a day. Hip holster is fine when a little chilly. Shoulder holster when cold weather hits..
But for summer, I am thinking a concealed carry vest.. Yes, I am old enough and grumpy enough that no one will ask about it.

Any suggestions on brands ? There are so many. I've looked for hours..

Carry Arm Taurus PT111Pro
Has anybody here used one ?

__________________

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now


Last edited by canebrake; 09-05-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: TTTP
yesicarry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bedford Texas
Posts: 2,845
Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesicarry View Post
Hey everybody,
I put a thread out about carrying at work not too long ago. I work in Lakewood Wa. where the 4 police officers were shot. Not that great of a neighborhood.
Got some great advice about carrying at work even though company policy is against it.

Well, talked to the boss as suggested.. Was told "if we cant see it, dont worry about it"..

So.. Here is my dilemma.. I am around at least 250 people a day. Hip holster is fine when a little chilly. Shoulder holster when cold weather hits..
But for summer, I am thinking a concealed carry vest.. Yes, I am old enough and grumpy enough that no one will ask about it.

Any suggestions on brands ? There are so many. I've looked for hours..

Carry Arm Taurus PT111Pro
Has anybody here used one ?
Honestly, I think you should pass on the vest.
__________________
*** Don't Mess With TEXAS ***
Μολὼν λάβε
Mark F is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Crossbreed Supertuck!! I can make my Kimber Procarry disappear in shorts and a t shirt.
Crossbreed Holsters > Home
Worth the money, great people, great product, great warranty. I don't work for them.

__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bedford Texas
Posts: 2,845
Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Crossbreed Supertuck!! I can make my Kimber Procarry disappear in shorts and a t shirt.
Crossbreed Holsters > Home
Worth the money, great people, great product, great warranty. I don't work for them.
So this would be classified as: Forget the vest.

That's 2 votes against the vest, 0 for.


RIGHT??
__________________
*** Don't Mess With TEXAS ***
Μολὼν λάβε
Mark F is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
So this would be classified as: Forget the vest.

That's 2 votes against the vest, 0 for.


RIGHT??
You are correct sir. The concealed carry vests I have seen seem like a joke to me. No matter how you dress yourself your draw is going to be so slow an attacker could have you on the ground before you even get to your weapon. I'm not even going to get into reholstering.
__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Franciscomv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,257
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

I don't like vests either. The ones I've seen aren't great and anybody with a bit of experience will know you're carrying.

Give pocket carry some thought. It works really well for me in the hot Buenos Aires summer, my office is VERY pro-gun (I'm the boss!) but still I like to be as discreet as possible. A nice snubnose revolver carries very well in a pocket holster and, with some practice, you can get a quick draw.

__________________

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Franciscomv is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
utf59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orange Park,FL
Posts: 671
Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Give pocket carry some thought. It works really well for me in the hot Buenos Aires summer, my office is VERY pro-gun (I'm the boss!) but still I like to be as discreet as possible. A nice snubnose revolver carries very well in a pocket holster and, with some practice, you can get a quick draw.
Plus, if you are reaching into your pocket, it might look like you're about to hand over your wallet.
__________________

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

utf59 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Kage0113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Crossbreed Supertuck!! I can make my Kimber Procarry disappear in shorts and a t shirt.
Crossbreed Holsters > Home
Worth the money, great people, great product, great warranty. I don't work for them.
That as well will be my plan when summer comes. I have a nice OWB for winter, which is 9 months of the year here, and I wear a lot of jackets/sweatshirts. But once summer comes, IWB for me!
__________________

Smith&Wesson M&P .45
Beretta 92fs

NRA member since November 16, 2009

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."-V

Kage0113 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
yesicarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 306
Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Well, that pretty much sums it up. Forget the vest !

That's why I asked the question here.

Thanks all.. Now, to find an IWB holster that I like..

__________________

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

yesicarry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #10
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bedford Texas
Posts: 2,845
Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesicarry View Post
Well, that pretty much sums it up. Forget the vest !

That's why I asked the question here.

Thanks all.. Now, to find an IWB holster that I like..
There's one out there just waiting for you... still consider a POCKET holster.
__________________
*** Don't Mess With TEXAS ***
Μολὼν λάβε
Mark F is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Concealed Carry at 18 JiroZero713 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 34 11-27-2011 09:25 PM
Concealed Carry! a1huntingsupply Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 134 10-13-2011 02:54 AM
Which .45 for Concealed Carry? feedsasquatch Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 37 09-27-2009 06:19 PM
Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry Debate Tony Soprano The Club House 31 08-06-2009 04:23 AM
concealed ak carry GuerrillaBob AK & SKS Discussion 2 12-22-2007 04:08 AM