Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Any suggestions on a concealed carry vest? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/any-suggestions-concealed-carry-vest-22345/)

yesicarry 01-19-2010 08:03 AM

Any suggestions on a concealed carry vest?

Hey everybody,
I put a thread out about carrying at work not too long ago. I work in Lakewood Wa. where the 4 police officers were shot. Not that great of a neighborhood.
Got some great advice about carrying at work even though company policy is against it.

Well, talked to the boss as suggested.. Was told "if we cant see it, dont worry about it"..

So.. Here is my dilemma.. I am around at least 250 people a day. Hip holster is fine when a little chilly. Shoulder holster when cold weather hits..
But for summer, I am thinking a concealed carry vest.. Yes, I am old enough and grumpy enough that no one will ask about it.

Any suggestions on brands ? There are so many. I've looked for hours..

Carry Arm Taurus PT111Pro
Has anybody here used one ?

Mark F 01-19-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesicarry (Post 215085)
Hey everybody,
I put a thread out about carrying at work not too long ago. I work in Lakewood Wa. where the 4 police officers were shot. Not that great of a neighborhood.
Got some great advice about carrying at work even though company policy is against it.

Well, talked to the boss as suggested.. Was told "if we cant see it, dont worry about it"..

So.. Here is my dilemma.. I am around at least 250 people a day. Hip holster is fine when a little chilly. Shoulder holster when cold weather hits..
But for summer, I am thinking a concealed carry vest.. Yes, I am old enough and grumpy enough that no one will ask about it.

Any suggestions on brands ? There are so many. I've looked for hours..

Carry Arm Taurus PT111Pro
Has anybody here used one ?

Honestly, I think you should pass on the vest.

spittinfire 01-19-2010 11:58 AM

Crossbreed Supertuck!! I can make my Kimber Procarry disappear in shorts and a t shirt.
Crossbreed Holsters > Home
Worth the money, great people, great product, great warranty. I don't work for them.

Mark F 01-19-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 215113)
Crossbreed Supertuck!! I can make my Kimber Procarry disappear in shorts and a t shirt.
Worth the money, great people, great product, great warranty. I don't work for them.

So this would be classified as: Forget the vest.

That's 2 votes against the vest, 0 for.

RIGHT??

spittinfire 01-19-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 215115)
So this would be classified as: Forget the vest.

That's 2 votes against the vest, 0 for.

RIGHT??

You are correct sir. The concealed carry vests I have seen seem like a joke to me. No matter how you dress yourself your draw is going to be so slow an attacker could have you on the ground before you even get to your weapon. I'm not even going to get into reholstering.

Franciscomv 01-19-2010 02:48 PM

I don't like vests either. The ones I've seen aren't great and anybody with a bit of experience will know you're carrying.

Give pocket carry some thought. It works really well for me in the hot Buenos Aires summer, my office is VERY pro-gun (I'm the boss!) but still I like to be as discreet as possible. A nice snubnose revolver carries very well in a pocket holster and, with some practice, you can get a quick draw.

utf59 01-19-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franciscomv (Post 215159)
Give pocket carry some thought. It works really well for me in the hot Buenos Aires summer, my office is VERY pro-gun (I'm the boss!) but still I like to be as discreet as possible. A nice snubnose revolver carries very well in a pocket holster and, with some practice, you can get a quick draw.

Plus, if you are reaching into your pocket, it might look like you're about to hand over your wallet.

Kage0113 01-19-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 215113)

That as well will be my plan when summer comes. I have a nice OWB for winter, which is 9 months of the year here, and I wear a lot of jackets/sweatshirts. But once summer comes, IWB for me!

yesicarry 01-19-2010 09:06 PM

Well, that pretty much sums it up. Forget the vest !

That's why I asked the question here.

Thanks all.. Now, to find an IWB holster that I like..:cool:

Mark F 01-19-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesicarry (Post 215325)
Well, that pretty much sums it up. Forget the vest !

That's why I asked the question here.

Thanks all.. Now, to find an IWB holster that I like..:cool:

There's one out there just waiting for you... still consider a POCKET holster.