Any one here from Iowa getting CC permit?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Any one here from Iowa getting CC permit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Any one here from Iowa getting CC permit?

I was just wondering is there anyone here from Iowa who will be getting their CC permit now that Iowa is a shall issue state? I lived in Iowa for 5 years and was happy to hear that the law finally got changed. I would be interested in hearing how it all goes for you, the steps needed, and how long the whole thing takes etc. I might be moving back there in a year or two.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #2
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2321 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger44 View Post
I was just wondering is there anyone here from Iowa who will be getting their CC permit now that Iowa is a shall issue state? I lived in Iowa for 5 years and was happy to hear that the law finally got changed. I would be interested in hearing how it all goes for you, the steps needed, and how long the whole thing takes etc. I might be moving back there in a year or two.
I'll be doing it, but the new law doesn't go into effect until January. I'll post when I get thru the process.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 11-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I'll be doing it, but the new law doesn't go into effect until January. I'll post when I get thru the process.
Good deal, would appreciate an update on how it's going. When I lived in Iowa I didn't even bother at the time. I just hate rejection. Here in Pa, there was no problem. Both me and the wife have a LTCF (license to carry firearms). Before that, I lived in Vermont and as everyone knows they have CC (Constitutional Carry). We might be moving back to Iowa in the next year or two, so I was so pleased that Gov. Culver signed the new law. Thanks for the comeback.