Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Any "Future" information hiding out there

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Any "Future" information hiding out there

Hello all, just joined the forum last night. Looking to narrow down my collection, and have been looking for a CC gun for about 4 years and not found one i LOVE yet.

I know there seems to be a big move on CC weapons recently and a lot of new models have come out. But i was just wondering if this community knows of any "future" releases that are on the way that will make a good very small cc weapon.

I want at least .380 - would like a 9mm or .40 or of course a .45 but size may be a factor there. The key for me is to make sure i can ALWAYS carry it (in dress clothes, shorts, etc). So if it is a pocket mouse... I have a much better "bring it with me" rate.

Just to list a FEW of what i have owned and tried in the past:
Micro Eagle .380 (love the size, hate the trigger, not crazy about the caliber)

.40 Glock 27 (first gun i ever bought - probably biggest i have carried)
FIE Titan .25 (still love that little gun - but WAY too light a caliber for me)
Colt pocket nine
Kel Tech P-32
Karh PM9
NAA GUARDIAN 380ACP
Walther .380
i know there are more, but that gives you a good idea of the size i would like to keep it in.

I also have not been able to keep up with the latest releases due to an illness i have been battling, so it there is anything new you know of, i may be missing, would love to hear ANY thoughts on what fits this size frame.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Ummm, new doesn't necessarily mean better - 1911 comes to mind.

You've already tried what many folks consider one of the top mouse guns - the Kahr PM9. My can go anywhere gun is a Sig P238...

Old 09-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Ummm, new doesn't necessarily mean better - 1911 comes to mind.

You've already tried what many folks consider one of the top mouse guns - the Kahr PM9. My can go anywhere gun is a Sig P238...
Yes, i did try it, because i had heard so many good things about it. But i just could not get comfortable with it. I was not accurate with it, my grouping was not consistent even at 7 yards, and it just did not feel right for me. I Chalked it up to my hands just not fitting it well (i need to redesign them). I dont know that i have ever heard anything bad about them, and i loved the look, size, and weight of it. It was the first time i really though i had found my gun, until i shot it. Just not for me somehow someway.

Last edited by theferg2000; 09-14-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
My can go anywhere gun is a Sig P238...
I have seen those online, and they look REALLY interesting. Do you have any comparison info to the karh PM9? They are great looking guns. I cant remember if that is the one i looked at (held in had) a few months ago at a gun shop. I am trying to remember, and that was part of me asking this question. I am pretty sure you answered my "motive" that sparked the thread!!!!! But still would love to hear any more suggestions.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I've owned a PM9 and currently own a 238. The little Sig is a very soft shooting mouse gun. The PM9 packs a bigger punch but if it doesn't work for you...

Old 09-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #6

Well this thread may not help other interested in the future, but you HAVE solved my motive behiond asking. That is the gun i was trying to remember!!!!! I am going to have to do it. I was wanting to get my wife and myself a pair. So the soft shot will be good for her sake. I think she will be very comfortable with it, (and it gets her up from a .22 that she is carrying now).