Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Any "Future" information hiding out there (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/any-future-information-hiding-out-there-31741/)

theferg2000 09-14-2010 06:08 PM

Any "Future" information hiding out there

Hello all, just joined the forum last night. Looking to narrow down my collection, and have been looking for a CC gun for about 4 years and not found one i LOVE yet.

I know there seems to be a big move on CC weapons recently and a lot of new models have come out. But i was just wondering if this community knows of any "future" releases that are on the way that will make a good very small cc weapon.

I want at least .380 - would like a 9mm or .40 or of course a .45 but size may be a factor there. The key for me is to make sure i can ALWAYS carry it (in dress clothes, shorts, etc). So if it is a pocket mouse... I have a much better "bring it with me" rate.

Just to list a FEW of what i have owned and tried in the past:
Micro Eagle .380 (love the size, hate the trigger, not crazy about the caliber)

.40 Glock 27 (first gun i ever bought - probably biggest i have carried)
FIE Titan .25 (still love that little gun - but WAY too light a caliber for me)
Colt pocket nine
Kel Tech P-32
Karh PM9
NAA GUARDIAN 380ACP
Walther .380
i know there are more, but that gives you a good idea of the size i would like to keep it in.

I also have not been able to keep up with the latest releases due to an illness i have been battling, so it there is anything new you know of, i may be missing, would love to hear ANY thoughts on what fits this size frame.

NGIB 09-14-2010 06:13 PM

Ummm, new doesn't necessarily mean better - 1911 comes to mind.

You've already tried what many folks consider one of the top mouse guns - the Kahr PM9. My can go anywhere gun is a Sig P238...

theferg2000 09-14-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 350593)
Ummm, new doesn't necessarily mean better - 1911 comes to mind.

You've already tried what many folks consider one of the top mouse guns - the Kahr PM9. My can go anywhere gun is a Sig P238...

Yes, i did try it, because i had heard so many good things about it. But i just could not get comfortable with it. I was not accurate with it, my grouping was not consistent even at 7 yards, and it just did not feel right for me. I Chalked it up to my hands just not fitting it well (i need to redesign them). I dont know that i have ever heard anything bad about them, and i loved the look, size, and weight of it. It was the first time i really though i had found my gun, until i shot it. Just not for me somehow someway.

theferg2000 09-14-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 350593)
My can go anywhere gun is a Sig P238...

I have seen those online, and they look REALLY interesting. Do you have any comparison info to the karh PM9? They are great looking guns. I cant remember if that is the one i looked at (held in had) a few months ago at a gun shop. I am trying to remember, and that was part of me asking this question. I am pretty sure you answered my "motive" that sparked the thread!!!!! But still would love to hear any more suggestions.

NGIB 09-14-2010 07:49 PM

I've owned a PM9 and currently own a 238. The little Sig is a very soft shooting mouse gun. The PM9 packs a bigger punch but if it doesn't work for you...

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...IMG_P238-X.jpg

theferg2000 09-14-2010 10:24 PM

Well this thread may not help other interested in the future, but you HAVE solved my motive behiond asking. That is the gun i was trying to remember!!!!! I am going to have to do it. I was wanting to get my wife and myself a pair. So the soft shot will be good for her sake. I think she will be very comfortable with it, (and it gets her up from a .22 that she is carrying now).