Any Cyclists out there? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Any Cyclists out there?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornCod
In the late 19th century Europe, when long distance cycling was the rage, special handguns were manufactured just for cyclists to fend off dog attacks. One French gun was called the Velo-dog and was offered in a weird 5.7mm caliber.
Nice historical fact. Thanks. I'm a mountain biker, but when did long distance cycling quit being the rage?

Old 08-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2131 Times on 1157 Posts
Likes Given: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
Nice historical fact. Thanks. I'm a mountain biker, but when did long distance cycling quit being the rage?
Bout the time Henry Ford got into full swing.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 09-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #13

X2 on the NAA .22 mag. I use the holster grip option.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I commute and have to change at work so I always have my bike trunk on a rack. I keep my Kimber ultra in a side pouch and pay attention to my surroundings. Don't forget your bike itself is a good weapon or at least can give you some distance from an attacker.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I mountain bike frequently and always carry my XD-40SC in a fanny pack I got at REI.
It has a pocket on the inside that perfectly fits my pistol, holds it in the correct position and has a velcro strap to keep it from bouncing around.I think I paid $19.95 for it.

004.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Old 09-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #16

Default like this?

Old 09-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #17

...An interesting event happen here in Huntington, WV recently (August 2012). Three bike riders pulled into a gas station about midnight. A man in a pickup truck with his girlfriend began circling the gas station. The pickup driver was jealous and was harassing his girlfriend to see if she knew any of the bikers. Now, mind you, these bikers in their mid-20's, were just minding their own business. When the pickup driver, who is drunk or on drugs, pulls into the station and begins an altercation with one of the bikers.

...Things were getting pretty testy, when one of the bikers buddy tries to break up the altercation between his friend and the pickup driver. When that happen the pickup driver took his aggression on the guy who was trying to beak up the argument. The pickup driver pulled a knife on him who in turn warned the drunken driver that he had a gun and would fire if he came any closer. Sure enough the biker had to defend himself and kill the pickup driver. He called the police immediately, the police arrived and questioned all who witnessed the incident. Arrested the biker till a judge could investigate the evidence. The biker was out of jail in two days, when the judge ruled that the biker had a right to defend himself against the aggresive pickup driver.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nice setup coyotenator.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

WVpreacher that just goes to show you never know when/where it will happen so you must always be prepared.