Any Cyclists out there?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Any Cyclists out there?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Any Cyclists out there?

I bike so I'm just wondering if anybody carries while they are on their bike? I don't, but with the directions things are going I'm thinking about it. If so, how do you carry?

forumrunner_20120810_060028.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #2

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yep. Avid Mountain Biker. Heading for the forest early in the morning. I pack an LCP in the under-the-seat aero tool kit. Nobody is the wiser. It only adds about a pound, but when I'm near Booger Holler and start hearing banjo music, I'm just a little less concerned.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #3

I recommend the Pistol Wear PT-one or PT-two depending on the gun you want to carry. It is a belly band type holster but made to be worn during exercise. I use my PT-one when I run and bike and very comfortably conceal either my M&P 9 or Sig 229. Check it out. You wont be disapointed.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:11 AM   #4

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

I wear the cycle shorts with a pair of regular shorts over top of them. The regular shorts have pockets. I carry a NAA Mini Revlover in 22 mag in a pocket holster. I forget it is there. It would be nice to have my 9 or my 45. But that 22 mag is in my hand right now...not after I open a back pack or a seat pack.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #5
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2219 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 800

Very interested to see where this goes. I ride as well and not satisfied with the solutions I've come up with so far. Stick my 380 in the pack behind the seat.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-12-2012, 01:18 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am actually suprised to hear so many cyclists carry. I guess you never know.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #7

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Unfortunately I ride faster and longer than your weekend warrior and not as fast as the racers. This makes me a MTB tweener. That means I ride countless miles in redneck wilderness all by my lonesome. H&LL yeah I carry.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2219 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 800

This thread cam along at just the right time. I had ordered a new pair of biking shorts earlier this week. I got a chance to try them out yesterday.

http://amzn.com/B004RDPJPW

The cargo pockets on the side zip closed and are large enough for my 380 or maybe something a little larger. Thankfully, the weight of the gun doesn't make the shorts ride up my leg. I ride a recumbent so that can be an issue.

I think I'm going to order another pair.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #9

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Yup, I carry every time I am out on the bike - since I got ccw last year. I ride in shorts with big pockets - cargo type often. Of my carry guns, it always works out that I choose the LCP 380. At times I will carry it in a back pocket holster - that holster works so well for so many carry situations!
But -yeah - out on a bicycle you are vulnerable - and occasionally people make "soft" attacks on you. I don't want to be helpless if the attack is a "hard" one!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:25 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

In the late 19th century Europe, when long distance cycling was the rage, special handguns were manufactured just for cyclists to fend off dog attacks. One French gun was called the Velo-dog and was offered in a weird 5.7mm caliber.