Any CCW Fanny Pack users out there?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Any CCW Fanny Pack users out there?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 03:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Default Any CCW Fanny Pack users out there?

With spring and summer right around the corner I am considering a CCW fanny pack. I am a t-shirt, cargo shorts and Tevas kinda guy and don't think I can utilize an IWB holster. I have been looking at the Bagmaster Rip Cord. Any advice on fanny packs would be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I carry that way everyday and have for the last couple of years! Get a good one if you decide to go that route. I carry a Kimber Ultra Covert II with an extra magazine full of 45ACP's and it works great. Would not think of doing it any other way.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #3

Liked 717 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Years ago when I got my first carry permit I bought a nice leather fanny pack/holster. I've never used it. Just sayin'

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #4

Liked 1447 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 337

If you want everyone to know you are carrying a fanny pack or a vest in the Summer is the way to go. I carry a full size 1911 under a color or print tee shirt just fine, and only the Shadow knows.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 03-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_bad_kitty
I carry that way everyday and have for the last couple of years! Get a good one if you decide to go that route. I carry a Kimber Ultra Covert II with an extra magazine full of 45ACP's and it works great. Would not think of doing it any other way.
Thanks! I am probably going to carry my XD9 in the fanny pack. My G17 is great for winter, but I am pretty sure it won't be for a summer CCW.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
If you want everyone to know you are carrying a fanny pack or a vest in the Summer is the way to go. I carry a full size 1911 under a color or print tee shirt just fine, and only the Shadow knows.
I see your point. Maybe I'll get a FP and an IWB and see what works best for me.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #7

Liked 408 Times on 223 Posts

I carry every day in a shoulder bad aka man purse but I have everything I need in it and it works well for me.

image-3506167989.jpg
Just what I use daily.

play the victim, be the victim

Old 03-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #8

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Agree

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 03-25-2012, 01:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
If you want everyone to know you are carrying a fanny pack or a vest in the Summer is the way to go.
Hogwash!...The average "sheeple" has difficulties seeing their nose to spite their face....Carry the way you want and refine when you feel it's necessary...I'd much rather someone carry in a "fanny pack" or wear a "vest" than not carry at all...JMO

Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves. ~Nietzsche

Old 03-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #10

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
Hogwash!...The average "sheeple" has difficulties seeing their nose to spite their face....Carry the way you want and refine when you feel it's necessary...I'd much rather someone carry in a "fanny pack" or wear a "vest" than not carry at all...JMO
I see a fair number of guys with fanny packs when I'm in Grants Pass or Medford, Oregon and since I carry that way most frequently my guess is that probably 90% are carrying concealed. For a skinny guy like me it's rather hard to hide the size of weapon I carry though I do have a Bianchi Ranger Viper shoulder holster that is very comfortable to wear with heavier jackets. With more moderate weather I need to get a jacket shirt that's long enough to cover a high ride holster. For summer time I mostly wear t-shirts so I may have to spend some $$$ and get me a Kahr. Just have to figure how to breach that idea to my wife.