Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Any CCW Fanny Pack users out there? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/any-ccw-fanny-pack-users-out-there-60949/)

Wrecked 03-24-2012 03:49 AM

Any CCW Fanny Pack users out there?

With spring and summer right around the corner I am considering a CCW fanny pack. I am a t-shirt, cargo shorts and Tevas kinda guy and don't think I can utilize an IWB holster. I have been looking at the Bagmaster Rip Cord. Any advice on fanny packs would be appreciated.

big_bad_kitty 03-24-2012 11:35 AM

I carry that way everyday and have for the last couple of years! Get a good one if you decide to go that route. I carry a Kimber Ultra Covert II with an extra magazine full of 45ACP's and it works great. Would not think of doing it any other way.

hiwall 03-24-2012 01:46 PM

Years ago when I got my first carry permit I bought a nice leather fanny pack/holster. I've never used it. Just sayin'

Chainfire 03-24-2012 03:23 PM

If you want everyone to know you are carrying a fanny pack or a vest in the Summer is the way to go. I carry a full size 1911 under a color or print tee shirt just fine, and only the Shadow knows.

Wrecked 03-24-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_bad_kitty
I carry that way everyday and have for the last couple of years! Get a good one if you decide to go that route. I carry a Kimber Ultra Covert II with an extra magazine full of 45ACP's and it works great. Would not think of doing it any other way.

Thanks! I am probably going to carry my XD9 in the fanny pack. My G17 is great for winter, but I am pretty sure it won't be for a summer CCW.

Wrecked 03-24-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire
If you want everyone to know you are carrying a fanny pack or a vest in the Summer is the way to go. I carry a full size 1911 under a color or print tee shirt just fine, and only the Shadow knows.

I see your point. Maybe I'll get a FP and an IWB and see what works best for me. :)

griffin81 03-24-2012 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I carry every day in a shoulder bad aka man purse but I have everything I need in it and it works well for me.

Attachment 42279
Just what I use daily.

play the victim, be the victim

HOSSFLY 03-24-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire (Post 750323)

Agree :cool:

First Sgt 03-25-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire (Post 750323)
If you want everyone to know you are carrying a fanny pack or a vest in the Summer is the way to go.

Hogwash!...The average "sheeple" has difficulties seeing their nose to spite their face....Carry the way you want and refine when you feel it's necessary...I'd much rather someone carry in a "fanny pack" or wear a "vest" than not carry at all...JMO

Viking 03-25-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Sgt (Post 750761)
Hogwash!...The average "sheeple" has difficulties seeing their nose to spite their face....Carry the way you want and refine when you feel it's necessary...I'd much rather someone carry in a "fanny pack" or wear a "vest" than not carry at all...JMO

I see a fair number of guys with fanny packs when I'm in Grants Pass or Medford, Oregon and since I carry that way most frequently my guess is that probably 90% are carrying concealed. For a skinny guy like me it's rather hard to hide the size of weapon I carry though I do have a Bianchi Ranger Viper shoulder holster that is very comfortable to wear with heavier jackets. With more moderate weather I need to get a jacket shirt that's long enough to cover a high ride holster. For summer time I mostly wear t-shirts so I may have to spend some $$$ and get me a Kahr. Just have to figure how to breach that idea to my wife.