Anti Gun Nuts! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Anti Gun Nuts!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Part of my discussion with the uninformed and misinformed is my responsibility toy wife. That is, if we are ever in the unfortunate situation where are being threatened and there is no other way out, I will do everything I can to protect her. Even at 6' 2" and 285 lbs of weightlifter I know there are crazy desperate jerks who don't care. My bowing up may not dissuade them but my 1911 likely woll


mrnole2u is offline  
 
Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnole2u View Post
Part of my discussion with the uninformed and misinformed is my responsibility toy wife. That is, if we are ever in the unfortunate situation where are being threatened and there is no other way out, I will do everything I can to protect her. Even at 6' 2" and 285 lbs of weightlifter I know there are crazy desperate jerks who don't care. My bowing up may not dissuade them but my 1911 likely woll
I've seen more big guys get into a tight spot than small guys, just because someone always feels like they have something to prove.


trip286 is offline  
 
Old 04-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I've seen more big guys get into a tight spot than small guys, just because someone always feels like they have something to prove.
I used to run around with a guy who was all of 5'8" and 175 lbs....just a normal sized guy. Well, for whatever reason he was a "sh!t magnet". We'd go somewhere, and he'd invariably get "picked on" by one of the "big guys" you speak of. It always amused me, to watch the 6'2 220 bully find out the hard way, that my friend was a two time HS state champion and Division 1 college All American wrestler.

Ahhhhh....the good ol days.....
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gig Harbor,WA
Posts: 853
Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Default

chandler51, i love the gun in your avatar pic, and i have noticed, that shorter people, have a lower center of gravity, where as taller people's are higher, meaning quite often, that the taller person is at a disadvantage. [its late and im tired, ill try to remember to fix my wording tomorrow]
phildenton is offline  
 
Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
chandler51, i love the gun in your avatar pic, and i have noticed, that shorter people, have a lower center of gravity, where as taller people's are higher, meaning quite often, that the taller person is at a disadvantage. [its late and im tired, ill try to remember to fix my wording tomorrow]
It actually comes down to skill level. Whereas a shorter person has a lower center of balance, a taller person has significantly more leverage.
My experience has been the opposite. It's usually the little fella's with the attitude. They get what I call chihuahua syndrome. They just gotta go nipping at the biggest SOB they can find.
Most big guys never learn to fight in close. This is their down fall. The smart ones just avoid the fight.
__________________
What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?
BenLuby is offline  
 
Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #26
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default anti gun folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
For most of my life, I was 'gun ignorant', too. Please be tolerant of this person and teach him about guns instead of getting angry with him and maybe confirming in his head gun owners are not nice people. I met a man who kindly, patiently changed my mind about guns by knowing facts and meeting each point I made with a counterpoint. He did NOT belittle me or tell me what an idiot I was. He was able to convince me with facts and with his patience that all guns and gun owners weren't bad and I went to the range with him, had a great time and became a gun owner myself shortly thereafter.

Arming yourself with facts and lots of patience will go much farther in proving your point than name calling and belittling. I know because I was 'one of those' once. I truly just didn't know any better.

This is a great reply and you hit the nail on the head. Way too many pro gun people just make it hard on them selves. I am a gun owner and shooter and very pro gun. But, some gun guys make it difficult for gun owners because of their intolerant attitudes toward the anti-gunners. Many of us act like the thugs we are accused of being. This "I'll just beat the guy up," or "...if he argues with me I'll just stick my .44 mag. in his face," attitude does more to hurt us than to help our cause. We need to face the anti-gunners with truth and facts only and leave emotion out of it.
cottontop
 
 
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gig Harbor,WA
Posts: 853
Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Default

I fully agree with both of you
phildenton is offline  
 
Old 04-18-2012, 01:07 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,427
Liked 1037 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

..........

forumrunner_20120417_200653.jpg
__________________
Semper paratus.....virtute et armis
MrWray is offline  
 
Old 04-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ballistix45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I dont even know what else to tell my wife, about having a conceal.. Shes always coming up with something against it! And I already told her this is how I choose to protect my family.
ballistix45 is offline  
 
Old 04-18-2012, 04:28 AM   #30
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mason609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 1,842
Liked 919 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4832

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistix45 View Post
I dont even know what else to tell my wife, about having a conceal.. Shes always coming up with something against it! And I already told her this is how I choose to protect my family.
Why is she against it?


__________________
Insert witty comment here......


Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere
Mason609 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Nuts CourtJester The Club House 1 06-02-2011 03:53 AM
Mr T--Get Some NUTS dragunovsks The Club House 4 12-12-2008 01:49 PM
U.N. anti gun/anti freedom movement opaww Legal and Activism 3 05-08-2007 09:31 PM



Newest Threads