Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Another idiot among us

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Default Another idiot among us

Jeebus, the second idiot with a GFL in a restaurant within a month. Some folks are just to stupid to be allowed to be armed:

RN-T.com - Argument over steak leads to arrest at Calhoun restaurant

Many on my local GA forum are defending this turd because we don't actually have a "brandishing" law on the books. I try to get these folks to understand that an idiot like this does HUGE damage to the cause and many don't see it. Here's my final post in the thread over there:

Quote:
Folks, last post from me here. I will never understand why more people do not realize that something does not have to be against the law to be stupid. We gun owners and carriers are not a huge majority of the population - and may never be the majority. We have to rely on indifference of the masses to regain the rights we have lost through the years.

A lesson I learned well in my accounting ethics classes: Even the perception of impropriety is damning regardless of whether any impropriety actually occurred. If people perceive an act to be wrong or stupid - it doesn't really matter whether it's technically legal or not. All of us with GFLs are judged by the masses based on the behavior of our "worst offenders" and we always will be. Is it right or fair - no - but it's the world we live in...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I don't really see how someone can be defending the guy. Not only was he completely out of line by showing his CWL and his firearm, he was competely in the wrong to bitch about a guy getting his steak first.

Now, I don't know a damn thing about Ryan's Steakhouse. Never been to Georgia. But I have a sneaky suspicion that Ryan's isn't a suit and tie, reservations or you wait three hours for a table type of "steakhouse".

Sizzler comes to mind.

You can not TELL ME that, in this case, that piece of meat was so damn good that it warranted brandishing your weapon when someone was served ahead of you in a LINE for a damn steak?!?!

Jesus Christ people, what the hell is wrong with you?!

I see he was released to his father because of his "medical condition", the PERFECT person to be at the forefront of the 2A battle. WTF?!?

Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

That idiot should never be allowed near a firearm ever again. Its morons like him that get rights taken away from the rest of us.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 05-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #4

"Even the perception of impropriety is damning regardless of whether any impropriety actually occurred. If people perceive an act to be wrong or stupid - it doesn't really matter whether it's technically legal or not. "

I have been saying that for many years, unfortunately many gun owners go around with the attitude that we are right so we don't care what others think....
I am all for our 2 amendment rights, but if the voting public perceive us as hoodlum, thugs and irresponsible cowboys we will either lose those rights or it will become so hard or expensive for most of us to comply it would become a real tragedy for us.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #5

JD, they were actually making the argument that since we don't have a brandishing law here that his behavior was technically legal and therefore OK. I can't seem to make these folks understand that legal is immaterial and what matters is perception.

(Sizzler or actually Golden Corral is a good comparison)

I have to be honest and say that many rabid 2A supporters do more harm than good IMHO...

Old 05-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

What an ignorant asshat. As has been said, he's the type of fool that puts us all in a bad light.

I vote we pistol whip him with his own firearm.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I would have to agree with you NGIB. Just because you CAN, does not mean that you SHOULD.

Yes, it would be easy to pull up your coat and say "Oh Really?!" when someone gives you attitude at the grocery store and you are just there with your 3 items wanting to check out.

Yes, it would be easy to instigate a situation in traffic when someone won't let you in, knowing full well that your heater is just a quick reach away.

That doesn't make it the right damn thing to do!!

Who cares whether there is a brandishing law or not. You are making everyone with a CWL look like a wannabe tough guy. Someone who can't control their emotions and has to resort to bringing a gun into the situation for fear of taking an ass whoopin'.

My God Man - How stupid do you have to be to realize that the waves you make today, are going to drown you tomorrow if left unchecked.

Based on what you are reporting NGIB, I would actually be willing to listen to a proposal that has folks in your neck of the woods take a re-certification class to get a renewal on their CWLs.

It would appear more than a few leaks in the genepool have slipped through and are now on OUR side.

JD

Old 05-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #8

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

# 23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #9

Georgia does not have a training requirement to get a permit. While I am against mandated training (to much gubmint control), I can sometimes see the value...

Old 05-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #10

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
(Sizzler or actually Golden Corral is a good comparison)
Dammit, I have eaten at Ryan's, Sizzler and the much preferred Golden Corral, and I have never seen a steak in any three establishments that was worth threatening or fighting someone over, except maybe the cook, much less brandish a weapon over.

As stated above, that guy gives all CC people a black eye. He apparently does not know the correct reasons for carrying a CCW...mainly protecting, impressing and picking up the women folk. What a damn moron!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”