Ankle Holster Recs?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ankle Holster Recs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ankle Holster Recs?

I have a Glock 26, which I've been carrying in a CCW purse. Winter is around the corner, and I thought it would be a good time to start carrying in on my person, especially during my daily walks/jogs. I was thinking of an ankle holster. Is there a particular brand or type that you'd recommend? I'm not looking for something super expensive, but I might be willing to spend the extra money if it is amazingly wonderful.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have an uncle mikes that I used to wear every day. It had the holster and a suspension/stabilization strap that went around your leg just above the calf.
It was very comfortable and seemed to be secure.
I would suggest that whatever ankle holster you get that it have that strap. I think that it made a world of difference in the comfort and to my mind that the pistol was held in place well.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #3
Jay

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts

I've never carried in an ankle holster, but I'd suggest that you pursue one just like you would go shopping for shoes...... try 'em on if you can, or make arrangements to return/exchange one that you order. See, you always knew that shopping is fun.

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 10-30-2007, 03:08 AM   #4
PRM

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Ankle Holster

I've been wearing one for about 30 years. They are great if the gun is not to heavy or bulky. Summer-time especially, you can wear jeans and a t-shirt and be heeled. Uncle Mikes makes a good one. I would suggest altering the thumb-snap with a straight velcro strip. I did have my j-frame Smith come out of a Bianchi ankle holster one time when the snap came open.

Only down side is you have to either kneel down or raise your foot up to get at it. Somewhat slow if you really need it. But, if that is what it takes to keep it on you instead of under the car seat, it is well worth it.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:10 PM   #5

I have one from www.bagmaster.com I think it was about $30. I use it for my G26 or G27.

g26-holsters-006-medium-small-.jpg  

"The difference between black and white is 2%"
G19/G23/OD G26/G27/Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS
Walther P22/ Mossberg TAC .22./PUMA 1911-22
NAA Mini 22, Ruger LCP NRA,Rossi Ranch Hand .357

Old 01-03-2008, 04:40 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984cj View Post
I have an uncle mikes that I used to wear every day. It had the holster and a suspension/stabilization strap that went around your leg just above the calf.
It was very comfortable and seemed to be secure.
I would suggest that whatever ankle holster you get that it have that strap. I think that it made a world of difference in the comfort and to my mind that the pistol was held in place well.
I have to agree with you about the strap. I have been carrying a couple of smaller guns (kel-tec.380& American Derringer 45/.410) in ankle holsters without the strap, one of the holsters a cheap Galco is simply a velcro wrap w/ suede inside-Darn thing either wobbles down my ankle, or I have to make it so tight, it hurts! I even tried a Bianchi Triad Ankle Holster, it has 3 straps but it won't stay put on my ankle either& that was w/ the Kel-Tec.380 in it. I just ordered a Don Hume leather ankle holster w/ strap. Someday I'll receive it, then I can let you know how it works!