ankle holster and BUG


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > ankle holster and BUG

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 03:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lubbock,TX
Posts: 454
Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default ankle holster and BUG

I am just starting to maybe think about starting to look for a BUG. Since summer is about 9/10 of the year here and I about as big as a toothpic my EDC is a Ruger LC9 in a Tommy Theis IWB holster. I know for alot of people a LC9 is a BUG but for me its the biggest I can carry concealed. I normally wear loose fitting or boot cut jeans so I think an ankle holster would be great for a BUG as long as its very small. I would like .380 but might look at .32. Any ideas on were to start on both the gun and the holster?



__________________
bigbomar4 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,378
Liked 279 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Default

If a second firearm is legal to carry there ,it's not in NC. A 380 ultra light is about as light as the 32's just besure you can run with it and not have it come loss. If money is not a BIG concern a ultra light 22 mag revolver can be as light as 10oz and might offer a bit better control and atleast as many rounds.

I carry ether a cw9 iwb or a cm9 in a front pocket or iwb

i



__________________
hardluk1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic NC
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
If a second firearm is legal to carry there ,it's not in NC. A 380 ultra light is about as light as the 32's just besure you can run with it and not have it come loss. If money is not a BIG concern a ultra light 22 mag revolver can be as light as 10oz and might offer a bit better control and atleast as many rounds.

I carry ether a cw9 iwb or a cm9 in a front pocket or iwb

i
Buddy, you need to show me exactly where in article 54B it says carrying a second firearm is illegal here, I really think you're wrong on that one...
__________________
Member NRA, GOA, GRNC, SAF, NAGR

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,378
Liked 279 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Default

I started by asking the local sheriff after some hem'n and haw'n so I contacted the state att. I was sent an e-miail that said the law reads a concealed weapon, one , not plural as in mutipule firearms. That was 14 years ago so if its different show me. Does not say one way or the other except the law does read as a single firearm, no 's

Did you guy's get any water or stay high and dry there.

__________________
hardluk1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bighead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma City,Oklahoma
Posts: 643
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

If you like your LC9, I would think the .380 LCP would be a good choice for a second carry gun. Other pocket .380s like the S&W Bodyguard 380 would also be fine choices.

Galco, DeSantis, 5-Shot, Renegade, and a number of other holster makers craft excellent ankle holsters. You'll just have to research and see which one suits your needs/budget.

Good luck.

5-Shot Ankle holster for Keltec P3AT

__________________

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Bighead is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic NC
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
I started by asking the local sheriff after some hem'n and haw'n so I contacted the state att. I was sent an e-miail that said the law reads a concealed weapon, one , not plural as in mutipule firearms. That was 14 years ago so if its different show me. Does not say one way or the other except the law does read as a single firearm, no 's

Did you guy's get any water or stay high and dry there.
I see what you're saying, it does say handgun without the plural but that's subjective at best, kind of a thin line to walk if you asked me, I'll look into it some more and PM you if I find anything of interest, got me thinking because I always carry 2...

No flooding here, the whole hurricane amounted to one big, long thunderstorm here, lost power for 2+days, how did you guys fare?
__________________
Member NRA, GOA, GRNC, SAF, NAGR

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic NC
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4 View Post
I am just starting to maybe think about starting to look for a BUG. Since summer is about 9/10 of the year here and I about as big as a toothpic my EDC is a Ruger LC9 in a Tommy Theis IWB holster. I know for alot of people a LC9 is a BUG but for me its the biggest I can carry concealed. I normally wear loose fitting or boot cut jeans so I think an ankle holster would be great for a BUG as long as its very small. I would like .380 but might look at .32. Any ideas on were to start on both the gun and the holster?
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, my ankle rig is a Ruger LCR in .357 (very lightweight, hence the "L" in LCR) with a blackhawk holster, (can't remember the type offhand, all nylon with 2 velcro straps and retention snap) very comfortable and concealable with the type of pants you wear. You may want to consider a revolver for ankle carry, some believe the lint, dirt, dust etc. from carrying that way may effect a semi's performance which may or may not, but the LCR gets crazy "linty" after a day of walking around. There's my .02, I'm gonna go stand over there now....
__________________
Member NRA, GOA, GRNC, SAF, NAGR

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sniper03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,319
Liked 2678 Times on 1304 Posts
Likes Given: 1335

Default

Bomar4,

I carry a Kahr P-380 in a DeSantis Apache Ankle Holster. It is so comfortable you hardly even know you have it on. One of the best ankle holsters I have had and it is very inexpensive. I carry the P-380 in the heat of the summer with Hornady Critical Defense Rounds. Then back to my 40 Cal. Model 27 or 45 ACP Lt. Wt. Commander when the weather cools due to I can wear more clothing.

03



__________________
Sniper03 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Hi-Point C9 Ankle Holster BigByrd47119 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 14 01-23-2011 11:07 PM
Looking for a different style of ankle holster. What's the best? Phelenwolf Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 3 11-26-2010 08:10 PM
PF-9 Ankle Holster: Make a Suggestion BigByrd47119 Firearm Accessories & Gear 1 10-31-2010 07:35 PM
Anyone use a S&W J frame ankle holster? KBlue Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 2 09-05-2010 05:05 PM
Ankle Holster Recs? amandagail527 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 5 01-03-2008 05:40 AM