ammo shelf life in CCW

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > ammo shelf life in CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ammo shelf life in CCW

how often do you guys replace the ammo in your mags and speedloaders? I was taught that ammo has a long shelf life if you're storing it in a cool dry place, but what about the rounds you carry for CCW? I'm guessing climate and body temp has an effect. Right now I shoot whatever I've been carrying every 6 months and replace it with ammo I've been keeping in a cool dry place. How about you?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I replace my guys ammo every 3 months at qualifications. We use Federal HST for on and off duty.

I carry a 1 inch guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. Its not whiz-bang tactical, but one shot to the grape, and its coloring books for Christmas.

Advocate For Armed America Because Your Attorney Can Get You Out Of Jail, Not Out Of A Grave.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #3

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I go a year before I shoot up my loaded mags.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?